Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial coming, but ex still hasn"t provided mulriplw court ordered disclosure

Hello all.
    Well, the trial will be in October, and the ex only provided a handful of what was last ordered from the 4 previous orders he failed to fully comply with.
    1. So what does this mean know that our pre-trial is only but a week away.
    2. given that it took 4.5 years and THOUSANDS of dollars just to get to this point (I am so disgusted with our legal system here in Canada), what are my options now?
    3. My ex and its lawyer continue to delay and continue to submit junk - for example, they have NEVER filled in the today column in their financial statement. So, what can be done about this as well?

Also, to the few of you who responded more than a year ago indicating that, "... it will never go to trial", well...I'm here to say that you are unfortunately wrong. It's in 3 weeks and they have NO intention of settling. The whole game all along to to drag this out to the point where they believe I would quit. Now, way more than 100K later (I'm afraid to add up the bills at this point past the 100K mark), I've spent the most money, I've had to come up with things like parenting agreement and such (which he won't sign on one point for spite and it's the children who have asked me to put it in there), and all they do is stall and delay and don't listen to court orders...all of which they don't even get a slap on the hand for. But I digress.

Also, what tricks can they pull out of their behinds to stall the court ordered trail (ordered for this October)?

Thanks a bunch.

Also, after going through some of the disclosure, the ex seems to have "misplaced" certain things (selectively) that he was requested to provide for trial....(and ordered to do so 5 different times).

It amazes me how judges keep granting extensions. The last time we were in court, I asked the judge, "What makes you think he is going to listen to your order when he has disregarded the previous 4?" The judge looks at my ex and says, "Oh, I can assure you that your will." And of course, my ex did not.

Our whole legal system is a big joke when it comes to divorce; the only people who win are the lawyers who can drive away in their pricey cars (thanks to me) to go home to their beautiful houses while we scrimp and save and do the massive coupon thing just to put food on our table for the kids. I'm just disgusted I tell you....it's a game and the pawns are me and my family.

Sorry, had to vent....the waste is just disgusting....but I am NOT giving in....I will see it through to the Trial (the end) now and it should all be over in 6 weeks, and I will get closure and get this low-life off my radar.

Comment

Originally posted by LTD_Edition View Post
      3. My ex and its lawyer ......
      Is it bad that this made me LOL?

Comment

Nope, it's not bad at all. The alternative is to get angry and then one does not end up seeing clearly.

Why the judge thought my ex would listen to him and none of the other judges was hysterical. They are not "gods"; they put their pants on one leg at a time just like me....and if there are no WRITTEN DOWN consequences in the order, then it isn't worth the paper it was written on and is a HUGE waste of money.

Comment

If you have a reasonable offer to settle on the table and the ex is nit picking and being spiteful, I hope to hell you are asking for costs.

Comment

I have a reasonable offer....theirs is ridiculous...we are miles apart but the factual numbers day different. He is just doing this for spite because my ex's mommy is paying his side...although my ex makes GREAT coin!

And yes, for certain, we are asking for costs. But I certainly don't want the judge I got at settlement conference #4. He was going through a bitter divorce himself (made/eluded to references of it) and he had his opinions leaning one way before we even sat down.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X