Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about : Support Deduction Order

Hi community,

as some of you may know, my D14 moved in with me in January. I have 3 other children.

I brought a motion forward last week to have her primary residence changed to be with me, and to have CS corrected to reflect that fact. I was successful to the point that the judge awarded 80% of my costs.

At the end of the motion, I was given the Justice's endorsement and then ordered to complete a Support Deduction Order (FRO).

In moving to Toronto to pursue my children, I went from self employed to being an employee. I was writing cheques to pay CS. Never missed a single one and frequently provided more money than guideline.

Being self employed I guess the SDO did not apply. Now that there is one in place, will the FRO garish my pay to collect CS ?

as always thanks.

P.S. OCL seems very much on my side of late. My willingness to move, abandon my businesses and do whatever it takes to get back to my children is definitely paying off. With my daughter living with me full time, I think my chances of 50/50 with my other 3 children are very much improved.

thank you all again !!!!

Your ex was ordered to complete it?

Im almost 100% sure the garnishment only comes into play when you a) agree to it or b) are $2000 in arrears.

Working with FRO is not as bad as you may think. My partner has been doing it for a year now, pays via the bank like a bill and has a great caseworker who has helped him understand the process when things are submitted incorrectly. Based on how difficult things are with your ex, you may like FRO better.

Once the SDO gets filed youll get a package as the payor and you can pay via bank.

Congrats on having custody of your daughter changed. Im sure thats a huge relief to both of you!

Comment

I was given the Justice's endorsement and then ordered to complete a Support Deduction Order (FRO)
      SDO are always completed and filed, even if you are self employed (FRO can still harass you or enforce) or if the parties plan to withdraw (you get signed up then have to withdraw, no avoiding the sign up).

The previous SDO would have been filed with the Application, however the amount is now different. The judge is telling you to do it so that a new SDO can be issued. You will know the information better than court clerks, so you get the pleasure of spending 5-10 minutes completing it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X