No announcement yet.

SBTX had a melt down and she said she want to commit suside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest you call the help line back and ask about resources for counselling for you. This is not because there is something wrong with you, but because you may need support in resolving the situation with your wife. From your description, things are home are very bad for your kids, and this has been going on since 2011. You need to put into action a plan to end this once and for all. Having the appointment with the lawyer is a good step, but you should also seek help for yourself because after four years of this, it may be very difficult to take the steps you need to take without some encouragement and support.

Don't call the cops, this is not a 911 emergency situation. But do seek out help for yourself.

Comment

Thanks..i am seeking professional counseling..I heard about form 1 for mental health which is a physician request for psychiatric assessment ... I need to help her to be a stable mother for the children..she is not admitting that she is having psychological problems.
      Anyone had used that form before? Any experience? How to go about using it?
      Many thanks

Comment

Form 1 is written up by a physician after he or she has seen the individual concerned. The individual may come to see the physician for any reason (headache stomachache, whatever) and if the physician has concerns about that person's mental health, s/he can fill out Form 1, which means that the person can apprehended for an assessment in a hospital. You can't use Form 1, only a physician can do that.

You can fill out a Form 2 which attests to your concern that the individual is a risk of harming him/herself and others and bring it to the police. The police then decide whether or not to apprehend the individuals for assessment. You need a justice of the peace to sign a Form 2 request. There is no guarantee that if you fill out Form 2 your ex will indeed be apprehended - the police use their judgment in determining how to respond, it's not like reporting a crime where the police must act.

This site explains the forms in detail:

How to Get a Psychiatric Assessment | Crisis Line

Remember that you are in the middle of a bitter divorce so your account of your ex's behavior may not be completely believable. It would be best if you could find a friend or family member of the ex to convince her to go to the doctor. If you want to pursue the Form 2 route, you should have someone other than yourself accompany you to verify what you say.

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I have finally meet the lawyer and he told me next time she threats to commit susicde call the cops and CAS.

Can CAS take the kids away from me? I can have the mother in law to provide.
          And experience?
          Thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X