Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL..... process any advice?

OCL has accepted my case.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to process with the investigation of the case?

Has anyone dealt with the recommendations being brought forward to a judge and the judge to agree with recommendations?

Ex, lives 400 km away, sees the child 4 times a month.
    I'm requesting sole custody, as I am the primarily care giver since age 6 months.

Ex, purposely decided to not fill out SDO, and delayed FRO Child Support Payments.

My one big thought going through OCL, is throughout the past 10 years, the ex has never made an effort, paid CS, gone out of his way to spend extra time with child, ..... more so how the child doesn't want to speak, see or visit, that when face time/skyping is scheduled, the child is scared.
    Ex, fired from two jobs due to angry issues, refuses marriage counseling,
    These points all add up.
    Bottom-line the ex may very well not understand how this is not going to look good on him, and perhaps reduce further time with child.

Any advice and comments are welcome.

Originally posted by toothfairy81 View Post
    I'm requesting sole custody, as I am the primarily care giver since age 6 months.
    You mean, you are requesting sole custody because it would be better for the child if the father had absolutely no input into his life. Right?

that when face time/skyping is scheduled, the child is scared.
    Offhand, I would say that reflects more upon your parenting than the father's.

Bottom-line the ex may very well not understand how this is not going to look good on him, and perhaps reduce further time with child.
    In your opinion, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      You mean, you are requesting sole custody because it would be better for the child if the father had absolutely no input into his life. Right?

This is not correct - I am requesting Sole Custody based on knowing he has refused to take part of medical emergencies that were required for the child - preventing a child from surgery is not ideal in my case...

Offhand, I would say that reflects more upon your parenting than the father's.

In your opinion, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?
      I feel as though this might be a bad thing for HIM - not understanding that his behavior as well as past experiences in life, would reflect poorly on him, thus seeing the child less. Additionally, my concern would be the harassments as well as aggression that I currently receive 4 times a month, that it may increase......

Comment

you weren't expecting him to treat you like a princess with you wanting to do all this to his relantionship with his kids now were you?

Comment

I didn't expect his to treat me anyway...
          Your comment is a bit abuprt.....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X