Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money SUCKS!!!!! (especially when you`re a sucker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money SUCKS!!!!! (especially when you`re a sucker)

Money has always been low on my list of priorities, but.

In November, the court ordered an assessment in response to OP's application for sole custody. To avoid any wasted discussion about my request for an assessment being driven by wanting to avoid paying increased child support (as D11 and D13 stopped coming home in September), I voluntarily agreed to pay the full table amount on an interim, without prejudice basis.

I had started RESP payments a couple of years ago and am the only person to put into them. I also pay all of their counselling, eye, ortho, dental etc etc up front as she never has the money to do so (I get most back through insurance but have to come up with all the payments).

Now we have an assessment which outlines what I can do to make re-integration with our daughters easier on them, and also outlines significant concerns about OP's role in my family and mines estrangement from our daughters.

So yesterday, I receive a response to an offer to settle which rejects the recommended counselling and re-integration schedule proposed by the assessor but asks for my updated financials to adjust support.

I have never made money an issue, but seriously?!?!?!?

If it makes you feel better, my partners ex put a bunch of “studies” from the internet in her filing as the reason for requiring increased child support above the tables and for longer than one degree. By the way, her income is double my partners.

Take a deep breath and ignore. Your ex is trying to get you to blow. Dont give her the benefit.

Comment

Thank you,

I'm honestly not upset about it. I was just surprised that there would but such blatant communication to the effect of "nope, not moving forward, just keep paying please"

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X