Need a mental health assesor for my kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a mental health assesor for my kid

My son is even afraid to kiss me in front of ex in laws. Those mother fuckers are crossing the line. The child has intrusive thoughts too like OCD but pure O. It is because of the fear and anxiety he endures in their house. Does anyone know where is the best place to start?

Her family doctor would be the place to start.

Comment

Depends on the age of your child and what province you are in. Mental health services for children 16 and under are few and far between. You could start with your family doctor for a referral. Do you have benefits at work or an EAP (employee assistance program)? You can also contact CHIMO or the Canadian Mental Health Association. Your child's school may also have a counselor available.

You can also educate yourself by reading up on children of divorce, anxiety and stress in children.

Comment

Check out Catholic Social Services on 99th street (north of Whyte Avenue). I'm not Catholic but had a friend (who also isn't Catholic) access their services one time and friend was pleased because she had very limited (next to nothing) money. I believe they have a children services division.

Comment

CAMH maybe. Ask your child's doctor for a referral.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X