X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14c confirmation question

are you suppossed to send the other party a copy of the 14c confirmation

Well, if the other party is represented, yes. It also depends whether you stated on the 14C that you contacted the other party. When my ex and I were self represented, I got a lawyers help just to fill it out, and she said to check no and the reason is, "The other party is self-represented."

If you didn't serve the other party the 14c, your matter will still be heard. It is a motion and the other party is obligated to attend, at the very least to argue an adjournment if they don't want to have the motion heard that day.

Not too big a deal I don't think, but if you didn't give it to the courthouse, your matter isn't considered "confirmed" and you WILL be the last matter to be heard, if there is time. I forgot once to fax the court and my matter was still heard.

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated11 View Post
      are you suppossed to send the other party a copy of the 14c confirmation
      Nope... it just gets sent to the courthouse by 2:00pm two days before your court date. You can even fax it in. They just want to know that YOU will attend. Whether the other party knows that you will attend or not is unimportant. But if you want to serve them with a copy too, it won't cause any harm.

Comment

Originally posted by #1StepMom View Post
        Nope... it just gets sent to the courthouse by 2:00pm two days before your court date. You can even fax it in. They just want to know that YOU will attend. Whether the other party knows that you will attend or not is unimportant. But if you want to serve them with a copy too, it won't cause any harm.
        thanks, they are going to adjourn and their law clerk sent us a copy of the 14C, we dont want it to adjourn, as the ex is no longer concentrating on the motion issues and is bringing up other,

Comment

So the lawyer will have to argue for the adjournment that day then. Contested adjournment needs to be ticked then,

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X