Endorsement Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsement Clarification

My fiancé finally got a copy of his endorsement from the motion he won. We are confused though and his lawyer isn’t responding to the question.

The endorsement is four pages. The first three are the judges scratching out the decision and the reason for the decision. He outlined the SC and how it would be attended as well as the two issues for the SC.

The fourth page is a copy of the motion form that our side filed for disclosure and costs. Exactly what the lawyer submitted in the motion package. My fiancé said the judge verbally told the ex to provide the info but he didn’t write it in the written areas—just the copy of the request from the motion form.

Does that mean she has to provide it? She paid the costs but did not provide the disclosure. Second question, since the lawyer is not getting back to him, should he simply write to the ex and advise he received the costs but not the disclosure and he expects it immediately?

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    My fiancé finally got a copy of his endorsement from the motion he won. We are confused though and his lawyer isn’t responding to the question.

The endorsement is four pages. The first three are the judges scratching out the decision and the reason for the decision. He outlined the SC and how it would be attended as well as the two issues for the SC.
    I'm confused by this part of your post- what decision did he scratch out?

The fourth page is a copy of the motion form that our side filed for disclosure and costs. Exactly what the lawyer submitted in the motion package. My fiancé said the judge verbally told the ex to provide the info but he didn’t write it in the written areas—just the copy of the request from the motion form.
    If it's verbatim from your fiance's motion record- then it IS what the judge is ordering. He probably just didn't feel like retyping it.

Does that mean she has to provide it? She paid the costs but did not provide the disclosure.
    Yep.

Second question, since the lawyer is not getting back to him, should he simply write to the ex and advise he received the costs but not the disclosure and he expects it immediately?
    She's self-repped- yes? Then yes, I would send it to her and I would even go so far as to highlight (as in neon highlighter) the part which orders her to disclose certain documents. Give her a timeline as to when you expect delivery. I mean- explain it like you would to a kindergartner that she needs to provide the stuff that is contained in the judgement. The highlighting is probably overkill- but your fiance's ex is a petty bitch. Game recognize game.

Comment

When I said scratching out I mean his writing is almost illegible. “Chicken scratching”. I thought it was ordered too. The judge also said it verbally. His ex likes to weasel her way out of things or interpret things the way she sees them.

I think my man is going to call the lawyers assistant and ask about his request to get a letter out. If its going to cost him money, he may want to do it himself. I just think it would have more weight coming from the lawyer.

Comment

You can call the courthouse and ask for clarification on what is written on the order. I would do that- find out what is written.

The lawyers assistant should be drafting and sending that letter for sure. There's no way a lawyer should billing you for that kind of work when their assistant can do that. Or law clerk.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X