What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarycheri View Post
    During court my husband brought that fact up and the judge said she would allow the written letter even though the tutor was being fraudulent by not claiming the income. He would accept an updated letter confirming her attendance.

As for child care. She isn't charging her. My husband knows her well as they were all friends prior to splitting. This woman works full time for the school board. She submitted an affidavit to the court outlining her relationship to the mother and child during their last appearance. Mom was trying to take my husbands access away. We know she isn't charging her best friend for babysitting. We also know that the child took a first aid course to prep her to stay home alone. She created a letter to help her friend get more money out of my husband. His other concern is who was looking after the child between Jan & June? The letter that he received by this woman indicates care from July to Dec.

My daughter was out of child care when she was 11 yrs old. She was able to get off the bus and let herself in the house. I spoke to Children's Aid extensively about it when my ex was trying to get out of paying for child care. They told me that if she was 10 yrs or younger and she was injured while being left alone I could be charged with neglect.
    Well, obviously the friend isn't as much of a friend to both the ex and your husband if she's creating fraudulent receipts on her behalf. If the ex is that underhanded, it could be that this "babysitter" doesn't know. Question the babysitter if he is in fact friends with her.

As for the tutoring, request a new receipt. Underhanded tactics meant to avoid CRA aren't YOUR problem - it's the problem of the tutorer. She needs to provide receipt for services per CRA guidelines. If she can't, it's time for a different tutor or a report to CRA. The original judge has no interest in CRA issues, only Family issues.

Comment

Just as with daycare and tuition might the tutoring also be tax deductible, and for whom? One might want to suggest that amounts paid will be submitted to the CRA with your taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by scarycheri View Post
        Hi all...wanted to get some feedback on a situation my husband is going through in the hopes it will aid him in his decision on how to handle this....

They have a court order about a year old that updated some issues they didn't see eye to eye on in regards to section 7 expenses.

They agreed in a case conference with the judge that he would pay 50%, his proportionate share, of $3800 per year. As my husband remembers it, this amount included girl guides, 2 weeks of summer camp, tutoring & child care. Receipts were submitted for all these expenses except for child care. The judge allowed for her to make an estimate for some reason.

When my husband received his copy of the new court order from this appearance we were a little surprised that none of the details of these section 7 expenses were included in the order.

It simply states he is to pay $158 per month for section 7 expenses. It also states the mother is to provide copies of the receipts for section 7 expenses prior to December 31st each year. There is also no mention of updating this amount yearly or otherwise.

My husband received receipts for 2013 from the mother recently. These included receipts swimming lessons, 3 weeks of summer camp, karate, sewing club, march break camp, tutoring & child care from June to Dec. These receipts total $5200 and she is expecting that my husband increase his monthly contribution.

He has a few issues with the receipts he received

1. swimming receipts--was brought up in court and denied
        2. summer camp---only agreed to 2 weeks not 3
        3. karate----the fee for karate is 3 times higher than girl guides
        4. sewing club---was brought up in court and denied
        5. march break camp --- only agreed to summer camp
        6. tutoring---submitted the same receipt from court dated 2012 & altered it
        7. child care---receipt was authored by mom's BFF who works outside of the home. Husband has picked child up from this woman many times over the past 9 years. Has never charged in the past.

As we speak my husband is at the court house requesting a copy of the transcript from their last appearance when section 7 expenses were settled.

We are now trying to figure out how to handle this.

He doesn't plan on agreeing or denying her demands until he receives the transcript. He doesn't want to rely on memory alone. I

In the meantime should he question the child care receipt & the tutoring receipt?

His daughter has confirmed that she is going to tutoring. He isn't able to call the tutor himself to confirm because he has no right to speak to the tutor & he has no information about the tutor. She is a teacher who provides the service on the side. The receipt is simply a letter dated Sept 2012 that was provided to the court indicating she has been tutoring the child for the 3 years, how much she charges per hour and approximately how many weeks a years she meets with the child. The mother made a note in her handwriting indicating the day of the week has changed and how many weeks per year the child attended for 2013.

As for child care.....it has been common practice for many years for the child to attend camp once a month in the summer and be passed back n forth between grandparents and mom's BFF for the remaining weeks. There has never been any receipts generated by family/friends for this. It is also suspicious that there was no expense for child care between Jan & June. The child turned 11 yrs old in the fall of 2013. When my husband asked his daughter what she does after school she said she hangs out with her friend Alyssa who is mom's BFF's daughter.

On a side note...this woman is a crazy pit bull. She has to be right about everything. She is very narcissistic, hypocrytical & has to win at all costs. We are trying to handle this in the best way possible without igniting a war with her while continuing to be fair and follow the order.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
        Well, if you are asking what would I do?? The answer is:

1. BUTTTTTT OUT, this is not your divorce.
        2. NOTTTTTT make judgement calls on the x wife whom your dear husband choose as a wife once upon a time. Calling her a crazy pitt bull, and narcissistic lends me to believe you are a professional liscensed shrink!!!!
        3. Chill, this "crazy marcissistic, hypocrytical woman sounds like she has one up on you, you are quite vested and opinionated and sounds like any flame close to you, the fire department will be calling to put out the explosion.

Comment

You'd think after enduring one divorce a person wouldn't want to get involved with another one, particularly when they aren't even named in the divorce.

By all means "stand by your man" but you'd be best to stick to obtaining information which isn't hearsay and innuendo. You've come this far, why stoop to this level?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X