Purchase of Snow Suits in Equal parenting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
    if it's venting. then sure. But if you're going to try to do something about getting 50% of the costs of winter clothes by withholding CS or consider court for it...then you're leaning petty.

This board is a pretty good sounding board/mirror to figure out when you're being petty and spouting nonsense.

Multiple people are saying to Brampton33- arguing over this is petty. Trying to subtract this from CS is nonsense AND will land you in court- costing you more money in the long run.
    Agreed. Its easy to get worked up when dealing with a difficult ex. Ideally, grown adults who decided to have children together would not need court. They would recognize that the $$ spent on lawyers would be better utilized in an RESP account.

Think of it this way, rather than try to extract a few hundred from ex to contribute to things such as snowsuits, boots, shoes etc.. be happy that your kids are warm. As kids get a little older, they can see for themselves who takes them shopping for needed items and who takes care of them with essentials, etc. Just be patient.

Comment

..this is a good line...all the litigation could have gone to RESPs, I am going to use it...

We are working to adjust our support retroactively and impute income:

reasons for not working and why I think there will be something imputted (bear in mind I have kids Friday to Monday morning) in her reply materials:

1. "not attracted to working [in previous field]"...that was verbatim
      2. Maybe one day I will work full time, but I do not have a plan to work currently
      3. The litigation is stressful and how can I ever work a full time job when I am constantly having to reply to motions or talk to CAS

also elaborated on she can't work because of the child care needs...but does not provide specifics, kids are in school fulltime. Also states that I should work more reasonable hours (I work 40 hours a week)

regarding number 3...I have done 6 motions in 3 years, 5 of which dealt which child related issues/access. She has brought 3 all ex-parte to try and get money.
      The point I would make on this last one..maybe if you listened to all the judges who told you to facilitate access..he would not have needed to litigate
      Last edited by Kkc; 11-10-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
        if it's venting. then sure. But if you're going to try to do something about getting 50% of the costs of winter clothes by withholding CS or consider court for it...then you're leaning petty.

This board is a pretty good sounding board/mirror to figure out when you're being petty and spouting nonsense.

Multiple people are saying to Brampton33- arguing over this is petty. Trying to subtract this from CS is nonsense AND will land you in court- costing you more money in the long run.
        B-I-N-G-O...

I hope it is "venting" and nothing else. Brampton seems "ok" with most of his comments but, this one has me puzzled.

Comment

My ex is not paying child support, he should be but we haven't settle yet and there's been no order..... getting there.

However, I have been paying for everything for our child. He told me he would take him to get all the winter clothing which he did. I thought he was doing it to be a good dad. Well this past week I get the receipts and asked to pay half. I was put off, still am, and thought. WHAT NERVE! This person has ignored almost every receipt I have sent him up to now.

However, I still sent him half the money. Not cause I wanted to, trust me I wanted to tell him where to go. But 1. my child is warm and 2. I'm not causing any conflict. Its a tough pill to swallow, but as you all say here "not a hill to die on". I just documented it and moved on.

Comment

You should have told him you will take your share off what he owes you for all the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              You should have told him you will take your share off what he owes you for all the other stuff.
              Trust me I wanted to, and I waited 2 days before I sent it (made him ask twice). If I had done that it would be 4 months of "bad". Its a cycle of shorts periods of good and long periods of bad. I'm just trying to keep myself sane and its not worth the fight. I'm also keeping track of everything, hopefully we can use some of it to knock down the final payment I give him.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X