Summer schedule one week on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer schedule one week on and off

I have full custody and primary resident per court order. Ex has kids every other weekend during school year and one week on and off in the summer. There are some weekday activities (baseball training) that ex refuse to bring kids to the class. what should I do?

Originally posted by thh1 View Post
    I have full custody and primary resident per court order. Ex has kids every other weekend during school year and one week on and off in the summer. There are some weekday activities (baseball training) that ex refuse to bring kids to the class. what should I do?

It’s their time and you don’t get to say what they do on their time. You could ask them to do it and remind them the kids enjoy the activity and it would be something they can enjoy together but ultimately if they choose to keep kid out, they are allowed to make that call.

Comment

sigh, thanks Rockscan.

Comment

Legally of course you cannot force anything. The entire point of parenting time is that the other parent does not get to dictate what happens during that time.

That said, you could always negotiate. You have most of the time, offer some of it in exchange for the baseball.

Comment

Going through this right now. D4 wants to play soccer so bad- but her dad doesn't want to take her on his time. Annoyed at first- but I guess he wants to spend one on one time with her during his parenting time- understandable.

I offered up a weekend morning (on my days) to replace soccer time- and I drop off and pick up. It's only for summer.

Comment

Negotiate a different schedule or a trade off. You could try and force them to take them to whatever activity but that would certainly cause bad feelings. They certainly don't want you telling them what they can do on their time with the kids.

Let them do what they want on their time as long as it is not dangerous. If the kids really want to go they will tell the dad.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X