OCL refused to recommend OFW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL refused to recommend OFW!

To my surprise, the same OCL rep who has recommended OFW previously, refused to recommend it in my case saying the costs of the program would have to be agreeable by mom...

Aside from working dad's case, and the OCL rep's own case posted on Canlii, any good cases for OFW being ordered on motion/application - and for each parent to bear their own costs?

Perhaps on last resort, I could ask that I bear her costs ? Interim motion before my trial may happen and this would strengthen my communications argument sometimes required for joint custody and shared parenting (I would think).

It is typical that the costs to use the program would be agreed to by both parents. It is entirely up to you if you wish to cover the cost for both of you, however this does not mean that she will use it even if you do pay for it. A judge can order it, but I've personally not seen a motion for this alone - from what I have seen this is usually requested as part of a motion on other items.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X