This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What went wrong?

Well, as the title says, share what went wrong in your marriage or why things didn't work out, and maybe what you'd do differently if you had to do it all over again.
    Ottawa Divorce

With me, we became 2 different people. However, no regrets we have a beautiful child together and today we remain friends for the sake of out child. There is no bittersweet between us. I think we get along better than when we were together.

lv

Comment

That is a good question

I think with me and my wife, it was the kids.

She had been on her own for a while before I shoewed up and her and the two kids were a family unit. With my wife being the mother and father. She had been in an out of relationships, and about 10 years ago she had a bad one where the guy tried to interfere with the girl who was 7 at the time. At the same time the bio dad was a a waste of space. She had been triyng since then to make it up to the kids for a rubbish child hood.
      They were a complete family unit and I sometime felt left out. Well I did feel left out. She sacrificed me and our marriage for the kids. It did work out because I was always put to the side where the kids were concerned. I know that a man going into a step family has to take second place that is by the by, but EVERYTIME.

Shows how important I was to her.

If I could go back and do it all again. I wouldnt have gotten marriege so quickly. IT was within a year of meeting her. IT was TOOOOO quick.

I wouldnt have sold my house I had at the time to buy the one we are in now. I would have waited till the time was right.

I would have made sure she was committed to out relationship first.

Ah well Cest la guerre!

Comment

SHJ,Yes, learn from what has happened but DONT do it again! Take time to reflect and go within, listen and be surprised what you will hear.Yesterday a powerful message came to me. "Love comes and goes, comes and goes!" In other words, enjoy life and be assured that love will in a time of it's choosing find you again.Hubby

Comment

Different visions (views).

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity
            With me, we became 2 different people. However, no regrets we have a beautiful child together and today we remain friends for the sake of out child. There is no bittersweet between us. I think we get along better than when we were together.

lv
            I suppose that's the best!

I see that a lot in older couples - the children leave for university and once the children are gone the couple realizes that they've grown apart and it was really just the children keeping them together.

Originally posted by Springheeled Jack
            They were a complete family unit and I sometime felt left out. Well I did feel left out. She sacrificed me and our marriage for the kids. It did work out because I was always put to the side where the kids were concerned. I know that a man going into a step family has to take second place that is by the by, but EVERYTIME.
            Being a step-parent is complicated and tricky to say the least.
            Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Amen, Hubby, Amen brother.
              Next time round Im going to take it slow. reeeal slow. Im not going to aloow myself to be put through this again.

SHJ

Comment

too young

lots of things went wrong - some circumstantial, some not. Though we got along well enough, there was no trust or respect left between us.

I suppose when it comes right down to it, we were just too young when we got married to handle the adversity that we were handed. I think I knew when I got married that it was the wrong thing to do. And 14 years and 2 kids later, I realized I just couldn't do it anymore.

Comment

Relationship became a boring habit

Went went wrong........two different versions of how to raise kids and live life.
                  He became jealous of my relationship with my kids (from another marriage), most particularly my son. He seemed to compete for attention when no competition was necessary down to the point of treating my son very poorly.

Change in attitude of relationship - disresptful, rudeness and lack of stimulating conversation.

The relationship became a boring habit.

Comment

Grew apart
                    And thats all I can really put it down to. Getting married too young, before we really knew ourselves, was obvoiusly a mistake.

Comment

My marriage broke up after 21 years because my ex became addicted to sex. Prositutes introduced him to drugs. When he had no interest in changing his ways, I took the children and left. I recieved no support. Several years later, he hung himself.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X