She is not abiding by the Separation Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She is not abiding by the Separation Agreement

So my ex is not abiding by the separation agreement we have. In one of the sections it states neither party is to harass the other, etc.

Well she is constantly sending texts and threats about the woman I am with. Threatening to take action, whether it be contacting her work and bashing me in anyway, or through social media. Also threatening to keep my daughter away from me if I do not stop bringing her around our daughter.

First off I have been with my girlfriend for 7 months now and just recently introduced my daughter. Second there is no issues with my girlfriend and her character in regards to my daughter. This is simply a control thing from my ex.

What actions can I take? As far as her threats and stuff and our agreement, can I put a gag order on her for that? Please help out in any or all info you may have. Thank you

Several people have asked this same question. You should do a search of the forum for harassment to see the answers.

Best answer though is this: ignore. She is simply trying to get a rise out of you. On social media you can report her posts as inflammatory but as for texts and emails, pop them to the garbage.

Buck up and thicken your skin. Shes your ex for a reason and this is one of those cant fix stupid situations.

Comment

My partner’s ex did this to him/me for the first 2 years of our relationship. Heck she still does it occasionally. Although she has eased off now (I think a lot of this had to do with their daughter saying good things about me to her... eventually she realized I wasn’t the “uneducated backwoods redneck” that she didn’t want “influencing” her daughter)

A couple of tips that worked for us:

1) DO NOT ENGAGE. Don’t answer the text messages/phone calls that belittle your new girlfriend

2) Be the bigger person. If both you and your new gf are not drama seeking people, this will blow over. If you stoop to her level, it will only make it worse

3) Block her on social media. In our case I was actually the first one to do this because she was messaging me some pretty horrible/hurtful stuff on FB. Then my partner eventually did too because she started digging through his posts to find anything to nitpick about our lives

4) Do not submit to ridiculous demands. Don’t get a police check done for her on your new gf, don’t let her “inspect” your new home etc. You submit one time and then she will think she has ultimate control. Not to mention it will make your new gf feel like you put your ex’s needs and demands over her own

5) If ex and new gf have not met yet, and new gf is comfortable with this, offer the ex to meet the gf. Personally I did this one time only. I asked her if she would like to meet for coffee, and she was disgustingly rude to me about the offer, so I never made one again. If she ever reaches out to me, apologizes for her past behaviour, and offers to meet up now, I would. But alas, it has been 4 years and pigs have not flown yet.

So basically what rockscan said. Ignore, and grow some thick skin. Lol

Comment

What’s a gag order? What or who are you going to put it on?

Comment

that's her insecurity and jealousy bro. if it's that bad, I would even suggest it may be an indication of an emotional instability.

I will give you 3 advice.

1. ignore her.
          2. ignore her.
          3. ignore her.

If it does continue to point of harassment say for another 3 weeks, tell her you consider her emails, messages as harrassment and will contact the police if she continues.

if she starts denying you access, then you will file a motion to find her in contempt and consider your options. one of your options can be a custody change over.
          Last edited by tunnelight; 08-03-2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X