Minute of settlement and Support Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minute of settlement and Support Order

Last month me and my Ex we reached an agreement regarding child support, on the minutes of settlement we agreed that my ex-wife will pay child support from Jan 2019, then when my ex filled up the Support deduction order she put the start date for January 2020

I have received the FRO package with pin and case number, now How do I change the court order to January 2019?

It was my mistake to not double check

First, ask her/her lawyer. It was probably a simple mistake. When she sends the Draft Order to you I believe you have 30 day to contest it before it can be filed. Has it been filed? If she/her lawyer is not willing to resolve it themselves then you can easily solve it. You should be able to go to the courthouse and ask the Court Clerk to pull your file so they can compare the written Order to the handwritten Order-to-Go. They should discard the Order with the wrong date. If it is a short and simple Order you can bring your own draft that you have served on your ex. Some Clerks will do up the Order for you, but I think that is becoming rare now.

Comment

Contact FRO and set up your account. Ask your caseworker to compare the agreement with the order.

Failing that, fill out a statement of arrears with the amount owing from January and a copy of the agreement.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X