Kid worried about cat - how to handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Links17 View Post

I will be 100% honest, the fact I am a male and somebody else is female has absolutely 100% no bearing on my position in any debate. I give everybody equal respect. I find it distasteful to try to dismiss my opinion by attacking the context or person - just argue the point.
    If this is your opinion:
    When you assume, you make an ass out of u me....
    then you need to ante up on your opinion before you post. Because the OP isn't looking like the ass. And, to be clear, I do not agree with you, because I do not dismiss the OP.
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
      None of that is in my post.
      You alluded to it. And admitted you don't know the whole story. I took that as Links' point. I did read the posting and while I get child doesn't want you to bring it up with Dad, I don't think it would be out of line to relay that child seems upset and you suspect it's about the cat. Then inquire about the cat's health. You're working off emotional child's version of what may or may not be happening.

Comment

When you assume, you make an ass out of u me....
        While Links did not craft a response that seems to everyone's liking (he explained his thinking after), I took it as the unfiltered obvious point that Stripes does not have all the facts - which she does not admittedly.

Some of this may be a non issue, or not as much an issue as thought.
        One will not know unless you inquire. Or, just try and comfort kid as best as you can staying out of the specifics.

Comment

Question asked and answered.

Perhaps time to close thread?

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
            It doesn't happen without a song.
            This song is a lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm-gFXdmqik

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X