This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monentary Gifts

My wife and I are finally, after a year of separation, getting down to resolving some financial issues. Within 3 weeks of us separating she had recieved a monentary gift of over $ 25,000 from a relative of hers to help purchase a house (She did not use it toward payment of half her debts she had as a result of our marriage mind you) and I was wondering if that has any relevance to her net income and as a result adjusts child support payments, or if that would come into play with division of assests, or maybe spousal support or anything else. Not officially looking to obtain any of it but if applicable I would like it to be an overall part of my negotiations due to her not paying half the debts.

Any comments would be apprectiated.

The important date is the separation date. You do your calculations based on assets/ liabilities as of that date.
    If she received monies after the date of separation then it is out of scope.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X