This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Well a step forward to get back to where I was I guess... after the 4 hour 4 way meeting my overnights are back in place. (within a month both overnights).

The only forseen problem is that she still wasn't willing to agree to joint custody and it's in the temp agreement that my girlfriend can't stay over at all until my daughter doesn't co-sleep. (which is fine to a point). Then basically we have to goto seperation counselling to aide us in joint parenting and to address certain issues for now and establish a 'mediator/psychologist' to aide us in future disagreements. So I'm wishful thinking that this is a positive movement, but at the same time I'm pestimistic that it's just another delay - although by agreeing to no g/f overnights at least my daughter's time with me is not jepordized while we get over these hurdles and it won't be another issue to resolve.

So one down ... how many to go...

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flowers or weeds.

Comment

^^

Anyhows, I really hope everying'll work out for you. Just don't give up hope and if you see me on the forum, feel free to PM me. I love talking to new people.

Cheers!

Comment

I'm glad you get to see your kid overnight again, but I agree about the girlfriend not sleeping over. It gets really confusing for kids during a divorce. I will give you one piece of advice: don't expect/force your kid(s) to call the new partner in your life by the terms reserved for you and your wife. At least, not unless the kid(s) want to. From experience, I can tell you the kid will not be happy about it later in life. Or maybe they will and I just had a different experience.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X