Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivorceMate and Net Disposable Income

Hi friends,

My ex has attached this as evidence in reply to my motion for interim spousal support. They imputed an income upon me of $38,000, despite my income being $0.

Also, I'm confused by the Percent of NDI. How is $282 60.9% of $4,356?

Would one of you lovely lawyers with access to divorce mate, please rerun the calculation with my income being $0?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by blinkandimgone; 03-15-2019, 08:34 PM. Reason: Edit to remove personal info

Why is your income “0”?

Comment

Also, 60.9% is your partner’s percentage of your combined total net disposable income:

4356+2794= 7150

4356/7150= 60.9%

2794/7150= 39.1%

Therefore: Your % of your combined NDI is 39.1%. Her’s is 60.9%

Comment

Originally posted by Selfrepmom View Post
        Why is your income “0”?
        Unemployed. I tried to kill myself and was involuntarily hospitalized for months.

Comment

You should be seeking out disability.

They will fight for you to seek out treatment and get back working.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post

CPP disability? or ODCSP? I don't think there's anything else out there.

I'm guessing the 38k was income before, and the calculation assumes "similar employment is found".

Comment

Depending on what province he’s in, he may qualify for disability.

If this was a woman, men on this forum would be up in arms about her being imputed etc. Prepare for your ex to have an income imputed to you whether part time or above. They will also put in a step down regime to have you become self sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post

Yes, I have applied for ODSP. However the approval process takes upwards of a year. There is also the caveat that I am legally required to pursue my entitled spousal support first. This is in the program directive to remove the burden from the state.

My mental illnesses are so severe they suspended my driver's licence.

I never made $38,000. The past 3 years I made on average $10,000.

My entitlement is both compensatory, and non-compensatory.

In view of the SSAG, mine is an exceptional case under Chapter 12 Exceptions (a), (d), (e), and (i).

Comment

The 38k is likely from a previous court case:
                  https://www.aprincewill.com/factors-...support-range/

Look at the Shorey case at the bottom.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X