FRO and direct payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO and direct payment

Anyone have experience with this? I sent my ex to fro... but right before I sent in papers he gave me a payment. When fro started collecting they collected two extra weeks of support. I have it figured out now and I sent a direct payment form saying the amount over paid. Anyone know how long it takes to have this straightened out? Of course ex will try to use this in court but it was a simple mistake which I have tried to correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
    did you cash the cheque you received from him after you sent him to FRO ?

He sent me an e trfr and it was right before fro paperwork was sent. He normally paid weekly on Friday’s. And at 2nd Friday of the month he decided to pay the remaining of the month. That was on the 10th. Fro started collect as of the 16th. I let fro know that it was mixup at the beginning. I filled out direct payment sheet. So they can adjust what he owes. Unfortunately this was showing as arrears. The two weeks which he has now paid. So overpayment through fro. Hopefully they notify him and he just doesn’t pay for two weeks.

Comment

As long as you were proactive in correcting the mistake, he cant use it against you. Its not like you kept the over payment.

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
        As long as you were proactive in correcting the mistake, he cant use it against you. Its not like you kept the over payment.

It took me a month and a half to realize it as he didn’t start paying until 40 days after he was notified. But it’s corrected now.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
          Did you accept the e-transfer knowing that you had FRO paper work ready to be sent out the next morning ?

Yes I did as I have heard all sorts of stories as to how it takes forever for them to do anything.

If he would have only paid his normal amount. It would have been fine.

I told Fro what happened and my case worker was understanding.

Comment

Your caseworker will probably adjust the arrears owing and send a cheque back. Follow up with your ex by email and then FRO if necessary.

He can also dispute the arrears with FRO himself.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              Your caseworker will probably adjust the arrears owing and send a cheque back. Follow up with your ex by email and then FRO if necessary.

He can also dispute the arrears with FRO himself.

Thanks for the helpful information. He never disputed the arrears which I found odd. So I wanted to correct it as it’s not fair for him to overpay.

Comment

Why didn’t you just etransfer the overpayment back to him? Much easier than involving FRO to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
                  Why didn’t you just etransfer the overpayment back to him? Much easier than involving FRO to sort it out.

I agree that would have been easier, but we are in the midst of going to court. And things are very hostile right now. They send me payments for things. (Section 7’s that fro won’t enforce) they allocate wrong. They skip things they should be paying. So I thought it best that Fro keep record of it so they can’t use it against me in court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X