Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:43 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Go get an order that the OHIP card travels with them along with any necessary medication. My daughter has her health card and EpiPens Jr with her in her diaper bag at all times. It goes where she goes- she including visits with her dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2018, 10:53 PM

youngdad91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuwakeridr View Post
Tried that. In order to do that I have to have their birth certificates (which she also controls and won’t give to me)
You can actually get the "long form" birth certificate online. I have that.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:55 PM

youngdad91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget about health card travelling. Too much headache. Just take a picture and that's all you need. Best part of it, there will be much less of your ex.

regarding the power thing, if you have joint custody, then that health card is pretty much useless to her without any of your final approval.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
...quite the opposite; which is why I have already reached out to the Minister and created an online petition to change the current policy of only giving one health card.

Petitions are a waste of time. Online petitions are even worse. Government knows the level of effort required to create and sign an online petition, and accord it the appropriate level of weight.

Get a group together, then meet your local MP. Eventually they will stop ruining sex ed and making beer cheap and have time to actually do useful things.

Quote:
getting them changed to my address is a band aid solution in that I would gladly share the cards with their mother when the kids go back and forth; I would just never receive the cards back.
I will spell it out for you then.

1) Get birth certificate
2) use birth certificate to get new health card
3) Send health card in bag

Split in flowchart

If she sends health card back
4a) Congratulations! You are done.

If she keeps health card.
4b) Get a new health card, cancelling old one.
5b) This time keep the card

If she does the same thing to you, rinse and repeat but start at step #4b. Spending thousands to get an unenforceable court order is folly when you can just do this for free. All it costs is a bit of time.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:26 AM

malibuwakeridr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Petitions are a waste of time. Online petitions are even worse. Government knows the level of effort required to create and sign an online petition, and accord it the appropriate level of weight.

Get a group together, then meet your local MP. Eventually they will stop ruining sex ed and making beer cheap and have time to actually do useful things.

I will spell it out for you then.

1) Get birth certificate
2) use birth certificate to get new health card
3) Send health card in bag

Split in flowchart

If she sends health card back
4a) Congratulations! You are done.

If she keeps health card.
4b) Get a new health card, cancelling old one.
5b) This time keep the card

If she does the same thing to you, rinse and repeat but start at step #4b. Spending thousands to get an unenforceable court order is folly when you can just do this for free. All it costs is a bit of time.

Thanks for your advice Janus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2018, 01:23 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks for your advice Janus.

Not sure if that was a facetious expression of thanks, but I just wanted to point out that my advice is actually from experience. My ex is a serious document keeper, and I actually had to rinse and repeat a few times before she realized that I was never going to let her just keep the health card.

Passports are the big exception, you need cooperation and possibly a court order for those.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:27 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Not sure if that was a facetious expression of thanks, but I just wanted to point out that my advice is actually from experience. My ex is a serious document keeper, and I actually had to rinse and repeat a few times before she realized that I was never going to let her just keep the health card.

Passports are the big exception, you need cooperation and possibly a court order for those.
I have helped people do exactly what Janus has recommended and it works. Stop complaining and start solving problems.