reconciliation counselling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reconciliation counselling

I asked my lovely ex last beginning of last year to start reconciliation counselling, no response, stalling etc.....

So I asked the court and during the case conference got a court order to try normal counselling and if would not work within 2 months to start the reconciliation process "promptly"

Issue.... ex does not follow..... so now we are a step before trial......

I am just wondering if it all makes sense, who knows what the kid will hear!

Amazes me that one can say and do whatever in court and nothing happens, its exhausting!

If you have a good therapist and a good order then it does work. The problem will be having an order that is enforceable and making sure the kid participates in reunification.

Comment

reunification or "reconciliation"? The two are vastly different

Comment

reconciliation

Comment

Can a court order reconciliation counseling?

Comment

yes the courts can, was said by the judge during settlement conference

Comment

Is this reconciliation meaning to get back with your ex? What if they are not agreeable?

Comment

"reconciliation " for the kid and the parent to have a healthy relationship

Comment

is reconciliation for you and the ex, or for you and the kid? I'm attending co-parent counselling starting in Nov and I'm wondering what I'm in for....

Comment

Reconciliation - typically refers bringing couples who have broken up back together

Reunification - typically refers to parents reconnecting with their children

Although technically 'reconciliation' could apply to parents/children, it's more commonly referred to as Reunification.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                      is reconciliation for you and the ex, or for you and the kid? I'm attending co-parent counselling starting in Nov and I'm wondering what I'm in for....
                      it is of course for the children and parent

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
                        I've had to due reconciliation with child because of alienation by the mother...
                        how old was your kid(s)?
                        did mom consent, was she willing to be part of it?
                        did it help?

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
                          Hope your requesting joint custody and 5050 access in these circumstances. Reconciliation alone won't sole such issues as only time with your child can.
                          and the 50/50 I dont have, sadly! and mom just rejecting anything I suggest.

it is all just TIRING!

Comment

thank you :-)

we are in current family counselling right now, which did not bring lots of help. I am just questioning myself what the kid will hear and gets more resentful against me.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X