Daycare,private and public school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daycare,private and public school

My son was supposed to start Jr kindergarten in September. We went to court in January and the judge issued an interim order that states "she can enroll the child in private school and the will be no status quo and the respondent (me) will not contribute except for section 7 expenses " . My ex, the applicant is proposing putting the child back in daycare and I have to contribute. I understand these are unusual times, am I obligated to pay?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by guydeluxe2018 View Post
    My son was supposed to start Jr kindergarten in September. We went to court in January and the judge issued an interim order that states "she can enroll the child in private school and the will be no status quo and the respondent (me) will not contribute except for section 7 expenses " . My ex, the applicant is proposing putting the child back in daycare and I have to contribute. I understand these are unusual times, am I obligated to pay?
    I would say yes...she did not enroll the child into private school.

Comment

The child is technically supposed to be in jk in September, she is choosing to put the child in daycare and I am not in agreement. I have enrolled to do my Masters degree in September ,should I be forfeiting my education when I sacrificed for the child to finish daycare so I can go to school?

Comment

The judge said she could do private school which you would have had to pay for correct? Daycare would be the net cost split between you.

Tell her your thoughts and go from there. If you aren’t working full time then your share of the expense isn’t that high.

Comment

Hi Rocksan,

The judge said that if she wants to put the child in private school then she will be responsible, I only pay for your s7 expenses. I believe that if she advocated for the courts to take the child into private school, she should go ahead and do it, I also also believe she is trying to pull me back financially, now I have to drop out off school, she does not follow the access orders, she changes them to cause chaos in my life when I think I am stable

Comment

You may want to point out to her that a class of 8-10 is no different than daycare and if the child is not safe at school then they are not safe at daycare either.

Comment

Thank you rocksan,I am tired and just wanna move on with my life, people breakup, no excuse to me my life miserable, I am not a dead beat dad

Comment

Thanks much appreciated Rocksan

Comment

Originally posted by guydeluxe2018 View Post
                  My ex, the applicant is proposing putting the child back in daycare and I have to contribute. I understand these are unusual times, am I obligated to pay?
                  If she is enrolling the child in daycare for employment purposes, then I imagine you will have to pay your proportionate share.

The kid is still young. Maybe try to switch your custodial arrangement to 50%? That way you will have more control over your child's life (and your own life).

Comment

School is not compulsory until the year the child turns 6, so daycare is still a valid choice. Given the choice between 30 kids in JK or 8 kids in daycare I would go for daycare too in the current situation. If she is not working or in school there is little reason for daycare though. Assuming she genuinely needs childcare, you are responsible for it as section 7. If you are in school you may have access to subsidies - be sure to ask at your school.

Comment

I must be reading that wrong or there is more to this... she’s asking you to pay half for private school since it’s less than daycare... she doesn’t want public school due to class size and says private school is small class sizes. Where is she asking you to pay for daycare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                        I must be reading that wrong or there is more to this... she’s asking you to pay half for private school since it’s less than daycare... she doesn’t want public school due to class size and says private school is small class sizes. Where is she asking you to pay for daycare?

His first post said the judge allowed her to enroll in private school at her cost. Now she wants to put the kid in daycare instead of school which he would be responsible for.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                          His first post said the judge allowed her to enroll in private school at her cost. Now she wants to put the kid in daycare instead of school which he would be responsible for.

But that’s not what those messages say... her #2 question asks for him to pay half of private school because it’s half the price of daycare... so unless there were more messages exchanged that he hasn’t shared, I don’t see where she’s asking him to pay for daycare

Comment

His second post said she wants to put kid in daycare now and make him pay. She may have sent it in a text he didn’t share.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                              His second post said she wants to put kid in daycare now and make him pay. She may have sent it in a text he didn’t share.

Possibly but it’s also possible he misread the text... those messages were just sent to him on the 10th and doesn’t mention wanting to put the child in daycare so I think OP needs to clarify if this was actually requested of him

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X