This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long To Receive EI Benefits?

It's been a month and a half since my fiance applied for unemployment benefits. So far, we haven't received any actual benefits. However, we've been receiving tons of confirmations (enrolment, eligibility, maximum length of benefits, etc). When will the darn money come?!

Does anyone have any clue of how long it takes? Perhaps some of you have been in the same boat before. I'd appreciate your input. :-)

EI delay

My sister's last day of work was Nov 4/08
    She got her Record of Employment from her job Nov 7
    She applied online (www.servicecanada.gc.ca) Nov 10 & dropped off ROE to EI office (get them to make you a copy). Also gave them direct deposit info.
    She called Nov 25 (1-877-454-4051) to ask why she hadn't heard anything.
    Dec 3 she received access code in the mail.
    Dec 3 she registered online and reported for Nov 9-Dec 3
    Dec 5 there was a govt direct deposit.
    PEANUTS mind you but she says it will cover a tank of gas and a Tim Horton's coffee!
    Hope that helps!

Comment

Hmmm.... so hopefully, according to your timeline, my fiance's cheque is in the mail! LOL! *Fingers crossed*

My fiance lost his job Oct 20, applied online Oct 27 (we waited to receive his ROE) and November 5th called to make sure they had all the information. They told him they did and will be processing it shortly. Since then, he's received confirmation that it has been processed and whath is benefit allowance is based on how long he has worked and how much he paid in EI. But no cheque. The confirmation came earlier this week, so hopefully the cheque will arrive next week.

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

If I were you, I'd arrange for direct deposit - "cheque in the mail" especially this time of year, could take forever - or even be lost.
        Plus you have to get to the bank.
        You can call it in - read them the bottom of your cheque - branch, institution & account.
        The #'s on the bottom are
        "011" "55555" "333" "1010101010" where
        "011" is the cheque # (same as on the top right corner)
        " 55555" is the branch
        "333" is the institution
        "101010.." is your account #
        Or do it online via your servicecanada account.

Another govt system that is extremely slow & unfair.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X