Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a camper too but this is just funny !

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...60672652_n.jpg

Comment

Murphyslaw, that is pretty funny! And yes, I LOVE camping too

Comment

Originally posted by baldclub View Post
        I'd like to live:

1. Okanagan Valley, for the mountains plus lake.
        2. Ottawa, for urban and good access to rural living.
        3. Yellowknife, I was thinking about doing a three year stint up north one day.

Send me back to Lindau, Germany any time though .... mountains, a beautiful lake, great towns and access to the best beer in the world. Just sayin'.
        Yellowknife is pretty. I've been through there a few times while travelling for work. Inuvik is pretty cool too. Personally, I prefer Hay River Tuktoyaktuk, however, is a sad state of affairs with a penchant for boredom. Don't go there. If you ever do go to the NWT, be prepared for the expense. It's insane.

And I'd gladly go live in Finland for a while if I had the chance. It's so much like Northern Ontario that it felt like home!

Comment

Yeah teezy, I got a briefing last winter about the costs... crazy stuff. I was up in Pelly Bay, NWT where I spent 12 days in an arctic tent doing a "sovereignty operation", amazing place.

The North is truly, unbelievably beautiful, both the people and the landscape. My only experience has been totally dry communities with no booze within 100 km.
          Last edited by baldclub; 12-30-2012, 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by baldclub View Post
            My only experience has been totally dry communities with no booze within 100 km.
            No booze
            Good thing I don't drink anymore

Comment

baldclub - sounds like your line of work is similar to mine

Comment

If I had to live in Canada, and didn't have to consider location to the kid, I'd likely move to the Kawartha's (Peterborough area). I've never really been drawn anywhere else.

If it were anywhere in the world, Belize or Costa Rica. I prefer heat over cold as more of my outdoor activities are warm weather activities.

Comment

Would have to be Auckland, New Zealand. Had the opportunity to live and work out there for a couple of years in an earlier life. Wish I had stayed out there when I had the chance.

In Canada, it would have to be St John, New Brunswick. Evidently, voted the happiest city in the country. Nothing better then to be surrounded by optimistic and positive thinking people.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X