X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS report & custody

Need advice for a friend, here's the situation:

Single mom, seperated, 2 kids, no custody agreement in place.

Mom's 'well meaning friend' decides to drop by un-announced to drop off something while she's at work, kids are at school, makes the drop off and leaves (presumably). Due to a rash of break-ins in the area over the last year or so, over-zealous elderly neighbour calls police to report a strange male lurking around the house of said single mom.

Police arrive just after youngest child (12-ish) gets home from school, asks where mom is. Child says mom hasn't been home since yesterday. Child is apparently only capable of answering exact questions asked and doesn't elaborate. Child leaves out that she stayed at dad's place last night as mom stayed at a friend's house, but says that mom stays away overnight often. Elderly neighbour tells child there was a strange man lurking. Neighbour confirms mom is often away overnight recently. Police call mom at work, child texts dad about strange man lurking. 'Well meaning friend' is, of course, nowhere to be found at this point.

Mom arrives home to find ex-husband talking to police about how to get custody of both kids. Mom TRIES to explain why someone else was there at the house, however police are more concerned that child was home alone and 'mom hasn't been home since yesterday'.

Police call CAS. Mom is informed that a home evaluation has been recommended within 7 days and a full assessment of the 'situation' in 30 days. Dad wants to take kids home and apparently feels youngest child is too scared to stay at the house, mom says no. Mild argument ensues, police intervene. Dad wants to take full custody of the kids and, although says he won't lie to CAS, will use the CAS report to further his agenda in getting custody.

Given how ridiculous the situation is, does mom have anything to be worried about re: CAS report or custody of the children? What should Mom's next steps be?

Your friend is understandably upset and scared. But she just has to tell the truth and hope and expect that the child does the same.

Mom might be well advised to introduce the well meaning friend to the neighbour.

This is not nearly enough to warrant a change in the status quo. Nothing really happened except the child came home from school to nobody home.

Comment

Dont frear the CAS report.
      They will come in, and once they find out everything (sounds reasobable enough to me) the file will be closed and life will move on.

Comment

(post deleted)
        Last edited by Gary M; 05-12-2011, 11:06 PM. Reason: By request

Comment

CAS report

CAS is a joke. I had to call the police on my ex 3 times and when kids are involved the CAS come within 1 week. They went to my ex's house, he lied and charmed the female case worker and the case was closed. All 3 times. Funny how people can get away with leaving their kids alone, physically assulting children and charm their way to a closed file...
          So really...tell your friend not to worry

Comment

It sounds as though nothing abusive has happened here. CAS will investigate and will likely conclude the same. However your friend needs to be extra careful from this point forward, particularly if an ex spouse is trying to change status quo over this. We live in a nanny state, for better or worse. Your friend needs to be more careful ! Not that I'm blaming her though.

Comment

Originally posted by mamoosha View Post
              ...he lied and charmed the female case worker and the case was closed.
              Charmed her?! I gave her a shoulder massage and whispered in her ear, afterwhich she melted in my mouth. Putty in my hands

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                Charmed her?! I gave her a shoulder massage and whispered in her ear, afterwhich she melted in my mouth. Putty in my hands
                Lmao! Thanks for the lol

And thanks for all the advice. Dad has apparently changed his mind admitting that his threats re: custody were just to tweak Mom and he plans to call this week to get things straightened out.

Comment

Cas

DTE, It figures you would think you could charm the case worker. Likely she saw your ugly face and ran like hell. Putty in your mouth, yuk your mouth has more germs than a sewer rat. Please you are the worst excuse for a man that I have ever come across. If you are a lawyer and I really hope you are not, then stop giving advise buddy as your head is truly up yours.
                  I am not sure where you get your boldness from, but I understand why your wife left you and you are on your own.
                  You are some piece of work that needs to be thrown out with the trash.

Bye for now jerk

J

Comment

Well someone has anger issues. Who is this person again? She seems to be going through an awful lot of trouble to dig up DTTE's old posts. Sounds personal. Has DTTE got himself a little stalker??

The plot thickens!

Comment

She's on a mission from god!

From Deuteronomy 7:

... and when the LORD your God delivers them (the seven nations greater and mightier than you - Hittites etc.) over to you, you shall conquer them and utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them nor show mercy to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Deut7 View Post
                        DTE, It figures you would think you could charm the case worker. Likely she saw your ugly face and ran like hell. Putty in your mouth, yuk your mouth has more germs than a sewer rat. Please you are the worst excuse for a man that I have ever come across. If you are a lawyer and I really hope you are not, then stop giving advise buddy as your head is truly up yours.
                        I am not sure where you get your boldness from, but I understand why your wife left you and you are on your own.
                        You are some piece of work that needs to be thrown out with the trash.

Bye for now jerk

J
                        Himmmm..... Where's the "DISAGREE" button? The "DISLIKE" button?

How about the "THIS POSTER IS A CRACKHEAD" button?

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X