Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCL is only in Ontario, not sure if they have similar services in other provinces. Yes, OCL is completely free. Thy work for children and not for the parents. There are numerous side effects of using OCL, number one of them is children empowerment as they might feel they are in charge of their lives. Other one is they (children) might feel they are being put in the middle or are being asked to choose between the parents (children don't want to pick sides).

Why do you want OCL if your ex and you have a tentative custody agreement already?

Comment

Originally posted by singledad99 View Post
      OCL is only in Ontario, not sure if they have similar services in other provinces. Yes, OCL is completely free. Thy work for children and not for the parents. There are numerous side effects of using OCL, number one of them is children empowerment as they might feel they are in charge of their lives. Other one is they (children) might feel they are being put in the middle or are being asked to choose between the parents (children don't want to pick sides).

Why do you want OCL if your ex and you have a tentative custody agreement already?
      If we don't agree then I might ask for OCL. For example yesterday I went to pick up our son from her. She said her lawyer called and told her I disagreeed with some stuff. She then asked me what is it that I disagree with.

3 things.

1. She wants full physical custody. (yea right)
      2. She put I pay her lawyers fees in full. ( )
      3. Her debts.

So I told her I responded 57/43% shared custody. 4 days to her 3 to me. Lawyers fees pay 50/50 and only pay half of her 1 bill. The one we spent when we were together.

She said she agrees and will even accept 50/50 child custody instead of 57/43.

But I don't trust her and like to be prepared if they pull something dirty.

She is to see her lawyer next week and I bet she will refuse my respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post

be as nice to her as possible in the meantime lol

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
          If we don't agree then I might ask for OCL. For example yesterday I went to pick up our son from her. She said her lawyer called and told her I disagreeed with some stuff. She then asked me what is it that I disagree with.

3 things.

1. She wants full physical custody. (yea right)
          2. She put I pay her lawyers fees in full. ( )
          3. Her debts.

So I told her I responded 57/43% shared custody. 4 days to her 3 to me. Lawyers fees pay 50/50 and only pay half of her 1 bill. The one we spent when we were together.

She said she agrees and will even accept 50/50 child custody instead of 57/43.

No such thing as 57/43 custody. You're in for a rude awakening.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X