Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Houses online joint parenting tool

www.2houses.com/

Anyone familiar with this one? Seems pretty similar to OurFamilyWizard, maybe with just a bit less functionality? Calendar, expenses, messaging between parents, journal, etc.

Seems free. Someone I know told me about it, and apparently the judge liked it. (I don't know if judge suggested it, or just liked idea and someone else told them of it).

nice that its free might be a good alternative. I wonder how easy or hard printing any messages would be.

Comment

Yes, I was wondering about that. How easy it is to get info back out, in case you need it for court. I'm still looking at its layout.

Comment

I was looking through this more;

- wish I could explore the "messaging" aspect of this more, but it won't let me access that, until the other parent is already invited to use it. I'd like to know more about it before I invite the other parent to it. From what they show in their "advertising", it seems like a very simple mailbox for messages. Not sure what kind of search there is, or how easy it is to organize/export messages (that is important for me anyway).

The calendar wasn't bad. I was able to setup our access schedule. It's a little clunky adding new "parenting schedules" to correspond with deviations from the norm, but I imagine that would be clunky in any of these apps/services. I'm guessing Our Family Wizard would work in the same manner as this one (again, from what I can tell, since OFW doesn't actually allow you to view it before purchase).

They have an "expense" portion to it, as well, where it keeps a simple tally (difference) for shared expenses for the parents.

I'll have to think on it. The 2houses tool seems good, for 2 parents who are trying to cooperate. In my particular case though, that's not the case. Right now, it's very easy and efficient for me to find emails and search them, using my current setup - ha, even if ex ain't reading them anymore. But they can do that on 2houses as well.

The price is right anyway. 2houses Free, compared to OFW. For some, the "free" may help eliminate resistance to such a tool.

Comment

My fiance attempted to use it, but Mom would have no part in it.

He set up the schedule and everything. What you can do is create a mock account and use a second email. That way you can really see how the messaging, expenses, etc. work. That is what he did before he set up the actual version he wanted to use.

Comment

OHH good idea Berner_Faith I didn't think of that. I will try that tonight.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful advice Berner.

Comment

More than welcome. I think it can be a useful tool, especially since it's free/cheap.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X