What are you thoughts on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you thoughts on this?

Saw this on CNN and have my own opinion. Burin would like to here the opinions of members here and or what you would do different to help the child understand better?

4-year-old holds shame sign in street
    4-year-old holds shame sign in street - CNN.com Video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he has just given his ex lots of fuel to deny access. She stated right away the child will not return to Dad and calling children services. Note she said that he ( dad) had issues when he was younger. So unfortunately Dad has just given her more ammo to screw him over.

I think his intentions were good just not well thought out. Plus looking at the picture without knowing the story I could assume that he hits little girls and his son is helping hold up the sign.

If they had been an intact family children services would not have been called, maybe a big " discussion" at home, but usually you do not call children services on your own family.

I would have invited all the little girls over to play ! Lol

Comment

I think the child (age 4) in this case was probably too young to understand the punishment, but in general I agree that public punishments can be effective for some people.

I think the Mom is a wing nut and calling CPS was over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
        I think the child (age 4) in this case was probably too young to understand the punishment, but in general I agree that public punishments can be effective for some people.

I think the Mom is a wing nut and calling CPS was over the top.
        Dad makes a 4 year old stand on a street corner with a negative sign for an hour. He's a little misguided.

But, mom calls CPS and she's a "wing nut"?

Public punishments may be effective for some people, but a 4 year old? I don't even think he has the capacity to actually read the sign yet.

Comment

Totally inappropriate for a 4 year old - he would not understand the intent. Shaming kids, should not be one of the tools, in one's parenting toolbox, especially at such a young age.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X