Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:38 AM

mafia007 is on a distinguished road

As expected, I showed up this morning to pick up the kids on Fatherís Day and my access was denied again.

Arabian, I have send numerous messages to my ex to discuss some issues concerning the kids and she replied to none of them. When Iíll file for a change in custody, I will show the court with all my attempts to resolve those issues. Unfortunately, my ex is the one who dosenít coorporate. There is nothing i can do more today that will change my ex behavior.

Now for all of you female gender who had went into a divorce that according to your answers, you have yet accepted... my wife who is sitting next to me and had read your posts has a message for you. Being a divorce woman, she is telling you to move on with your life and stop watching every steps your ex husband is doing. He moved on with his new life and why donít you just do the same. 🙃🙃🙃
Old 06-17-2018, 01:12 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You should do a search here for Dadx5 posts. His ex pulled some of these stunts and he ended up with full custody.

Your living situation or marital status means nothing. Your ex is denying parenting time period. Time to start laying the foundation to fix that.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:31 PM

Thanks Rockscan, i will do to get some insights.

My next step is to write a formal letter to her lawyer that his client is in contempt of the order and that according to the last email he send me, she will remain in contempt and it wonít change. I will indicate that if the access is not reinstated as per the order, I will be obligated to file a motion for contempt as well a motion to change of custody based on a serious change of circumstances.

My ex behavior for the past 3 years indicate that she is not a fit parent to promote contact with the other parent and even with an order in place, she has not improve her willingness to cooperate.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:25 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia007 View Post
As expected, I showed up this morning to pick up the kids on Fatherís Day and my access was denied again.

Arabian, I have send numerous messages to my ex to discuss some issues concerning the kids and she replied to none of them. When Iíll file for a change in custody, I will show the court with all my attempts to resolve those issues. Unfortunately, my ex is the one who dosenít coorporate. There is nothing i can do more today that will change my ex behavior.

Now for all of you female gender who had went into a divorce that according to your answers, you have yet accepted... my wife who is sitting next to me and had read your posts has a message for you. Being a divorce woman, she is telling you to move on with your life and stop watching every steps your ex husband is doing. He moved on with his new life and why donít you just do the same. 🙃🙃🙃
Of course your current wife doesn't like hearing my opinion that you should be trying to get along with the mother of your children. Wonder why? Insecure perhaps?

You and your children might have a better relationship if you showed up "just Dad" to pick them up. BTW I live on the other side of the country from my ex so I hardly "watch every step" that he makes. I kicked his ass to the curb 8 years ago and he is the one having difficulty "moving on with his life". He too has his g/f handle everything ... Son went to visit him last year and he had to have the g/f with him every minute of the time. My son's reaction is meh... don't think I'll be going to visit again... I wanted to have some time with Dad but it just wasn't the same with the g/f around all the time....

Other posters on here who comment on their ex's activities are likely doing so because the deadbeat father isn't stepping up to the plate, and providing full financial disclosure as ordered each year. If they don't get on it right away and instead wait 3 years they would be asked why they waited so long to do anything about it.

If people just did what they were supposed to do ....

Old 06-17-2018, 03:30 PM

Mafia007 I think it is terrible that your ex denied you access again, especially on Father's day. You are a smart fellow though and have everything documented.

File a motion for contempt (as opposed to writing letters to the opposing counsel). Look on CanLii for details on what to include in your motion, you may want to request change of custody.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:46 PM

Here is a good case for you to study regarding contempt/access:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...&resultIndex=1
Old 06-17-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Mafia007 I think it is terrible that your ex denied you access again, especially on Father's day. You are a smart fellow though and have everything documented.

File a motion for contempt (as opposed to writing letters to the opposing counsel). Look on CanLii for details on what to include in your motion, you may want to request change of custody.
Since very early this Spring, I had everything ready to file for a change of custody based on a change of circumstances based on D10 asking for more access and on her report cards from school. I send an email to my ex to discuss the matter but it took another way. With what has just happened, I had to change all my documents to include a contempt of order. The hic is I cannot file right away as I need to demonstrate that she is really in contempt for more than 3-4 times. Also, before filing for contempt, I need to formally advise the other party that they are in contempt of the order and give them the opportunity to correct the situation in Ontario. I would like to move faster on the matter but it seems that the process is very slow, slow, slow.

I had to fight for over 3 years to have an order on access to find out that my expected vacations with D10 would once again go down the drain for this Summer 2018. It is just unfair for our little brainwashed daughter. For sure, I will be asking for a change of custody and supervised access to the mother and other members of her family, including S18 and D16. D10 needs to get out of this bad influenced environment.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Here is a good case for you to study regarding contempt/access:

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...&resultIndex=1
Thanks Arabian,

This is actually the case law I had at hand. 🤓
Old 06-17-2018, 11:47 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Supervised access for siblings? I have never heard of that. I hate that the court system is so slow, by the time this goes through the system, the child could be aged out. If the OCL get involved this could really drag out.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate331 View Post
Supervised access for siblings? I have never heard of that. I hate that the court system is so slow, by the time this goes through the system, the child could be aged out. If the OCL get involved this could really drag out.

When mother get supervised access, the only way the siblings can see their sister is to show at the same time as their mother or to have access directly with their father. It is up to them to see or not their sister. Same for my ex's parent... if they want to see their grand-daughter, they will need to show at the supervised centre. My ex behavior, if she doesn't change, is about to create all this.