Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:42 PM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
$1000 a year is such a small, small amount you would look silly to even bring it up. If he is paid by a company it makes it difficult to hide funds, if he was self employed that would be different. As a mechanic I can assume he makes at least $30 an hour but Iím sure he makes more than that. That basically works out to him working 3 hours less a month... so maybe he left early once a month for an appointment or something. If it was $10,000 I would look into it, but $1000? A lawyer will charge you that just to ask for him financials.

My husband is 100% commission... his income can fluctuate $10,000+/- a year depending on the year. Heís in the automotive industry so if itís a slow year weíll his income goes down and so does his CS... he works 40-50 hours a week, he canít be forced to work more, not can he be accused of being underemployed seeing as he has been in this industry for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input Faith. Here is the thing... I wish it was $30 an hour. Thatís what Iím saying. He makes $22 hr. He has been a mechanic for over 15 years. His response to my motion is that he had also overpaid child support. Well he never gave me his finances. So how would we adjust it. ?Our SA says a weekly amount. And that is what he has always paid. Never asked me to lower it. It works out to be like $5 less a week or something. But if thatís he case shouldnít he have to go and be the one to ask for a reduction if his income was lower?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:24 AM

whyme? is on a distinguished road

I get your frustration 100% - my ex, when she finally got a real job, would just take as much unpaid time off that she met the income imputed to her in our SA (extremely low). My lawyer said it would cost more to fight it in court (her underemployment) than I would ever get back in reduced CS. So bang your head (lightly!) against the wall once and let it go is my advice,
Old 05-30-2018, 11:14 PM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

It aeems odd to m
Ghat an hourly wage earner has never had a single raise in 6 years, even a mosest raise. Is it possible he is beimg paid more under the table? Is th is being paid so much less than the goimg rate it judt all
Seems a bit off
Old 05-31-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbigh View Post
It aeems odd to m

Ghat an hourly wage earner has never had a single raise in 6 years, even a mosest raise. Is it possible he is beimg paid more under the table? Is th is being paid so much less than the goimg rate it judt all

Seems a bit off

Thanks. I feel the same way... but as all the posters above say.... not a whole lot I can do about it. I really think itís odd for sure. I will bring it to lawyers attention and see what they think I guess. But I am probably out of luck. Thanks.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:39 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

the last place I worked I never got a raise for 7 years. I left three years after that So in 10 years there was only that one raise. Since I left they never got a raise (5years ago now) until the minimum wage went up and they had to increase the wages to meet the new minimum wage.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
the last place I worked I never got a raise for 7 years. I left three years after that So in 10 years there was only that one raise. Since I left they never got a raise (5years ago now) until the minimum wage went up and they had to increase the wages to meet the new minimum wage.

Well I thought for sure he would have gotten one with minimum wage increase. A skilled trade with licence only making 8$ more than min wage now. Oh well not much I can do. Thx.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:56 PM

Aghast is on a distinguished road

A mechanic making $22/hr? Something is amiss.

I don't understand people who intentionally become underemployed. They pay less support but they make less money. It doesn't make financial sense.

On the other hand, someone who is underemployed and making money under the table is a deadbeat. (My wife) Hard to prove and sometimes not worth the money spent. Just know that this tactic is shortsighted. Karma gets them when they go to retire with no pension and no money saved in RRSP's.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghast View Post
A mechanic making $22/hr? Something is amiss.

I don't understand people who intentionally become underemployed. They pay less support but they make less money. It doesn't make financial sense.

On the other hand, someone who is underemployed and making money under the table is a deadbeat. (My wife) Hard to prove and sometimes not worth the money spent. Just know that this tactic is shortsighted. Karma gets them when they go to retire with no pension and no money saved in RRSP's.

Thanks Aghast...my thoughts exactly.
I looked online at base salary mechanic jobs. To start itís between 50-60k for basic mechanic. And he has been gainfully employed for over 10 years with his license and for over 6 years at same place. Iím not sure how to go about proving.... or as you said if itís even worth it.
if my case does go before a judge at some point maybe my lawyer can try to use this as a bargaining tactic. Trying to get him to back off and pay what he owes maybe. Although up until this point there has been no reasoning as he is unreasonable.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:24 PM

dadonown is on a distinguished road

So you have his financials now and getting support amounts reflective of that? You are trying to get more cause you think he should be or does make more? How much of a difference would you be getting monthly? Significant or minor? If it's minor, leave it be.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:13 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

is he paid an hourly wage or book rate?