Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:55 PM

Tyep66 is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this went through, but he is just saying what ever to get what he wants. She isnt neglectful and has taken care of her daughters older son during this whole ordeal. It is just a mess.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:32 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyep66 View Post
Not sure if this went through, but he is just saying what ever to get what he wants. She isnt neglectful and has taken care of her daughters older son during this whole ordeal. It is just a mess.
This isn't making sense...how many kids does she have? I thought it was the daughter that she was fighting with her ex over? Now you are saying that she has been taking care of the daughters older son?
Old 04-20-2018, 03:00 AM

My mistake. Im writing on my phone currently. She has a son who is 7. He is her daughters older brother. During this entire custody dispute. She has been taking care of him. So she has 3 kids. Older son 7, daughter 3, my son aand hers about 3 months..
Old 04-20-2018, 08:58 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

The drug issues do have an impact on this case especially since both parties had a problem. OCL will remain involved and expect to see a CAS worker involved as well. The judge is concerned about the two adults being able to take care of the children and three baby daddies doesn’t give your spouse a very good leg to stand on. Theres really nothing to say other than she needs to get her ducks in a row and show shes a better parent.

Stop focusing on the lies in his documents. People lie in family law and the judges assume this. Focus on how you represent yourself to OCL and any other investigator who gets put on this case.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:08 AM

I understand that the drug issues do play role in the case. My girlfriend has gotten her clinic to sign off to the courts a complete record of her tests and they have no problem with her. CAS was involved for the better part of a year and they closed the file because they had no issue with her or him. Most of her affidavits are just responses to his allegations and to reiterates the fact that she is a good parent. The second OCL gave her disclosure meeting and will be filing her report within a month and she basically said both parents are fine and that there is no concerns: however, because he has had her for a year under false pretentious i.e drug allegations then she might as well stay with the dad.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:15 AM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

What kind of access is she looking for? More than 50%?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:40 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

It sounds like there has been a complicated relationship between the parties and they both continue to struggle with what is best for the child. Fighting isn’t going to help.

She should request 50/50 access and work with the father on moving forward together in the best interest of the child.

She doesn’t need to respond to all the lies. She simply needs to state the facts. Shes clean, she provides a good home, she is willing to work on a shared parenting situation to ensure the child has liberal access to both parents. When you are reasonable, the judge is more inclined to side with you.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 AM

Sorry at first she was going for sole, but she has said that she will do shared custody at 50/50.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:20 AM

I think at this stage we are on interim relief until the report is finished and then we have a chance to go through the report and see if their is any errors. After that I believe there is a settlement conference in which a judge will weigh both sides. I think maybe at sometime before that or during the settlement conference we can bring up 50/50 but I don't know and Id have to talk with her lawyer.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:27 PM

Thanks again and that doea sound like a great idea.

Tags
high-conflict, legal-aid, ocl, temporary orders