This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting

I am wondering how many years you have been divorced from this mand and how old your daughter is .........

Comment

I wish my parents had paid for my university.

I foot the bill all on my own through loans/grants and working.
      Worse comes to worse... is your daughter incapable of doing that herself?

Just wondering.

Comment

That is so true - I had to pay for my own education too.

It sounds as though your daughter is a hard worker. She should look into scholarships and other things for students who are good students - that way she is learning to be a self-reliant person. I am a firm believe that when we pay for things ourselves, we value their worth a lot more and we are more conscious of doing well.

Comment

well, I have to say that I find this interesting - when people do not agree with the person writing they all of a sudden go silent - it makes me believe that they are only looking for people to agree with them - this then brings me to question if what has been said is even true .........

Comment

I have chosen to go silent because I am at trial in 2 weeks and have to focus on proving all the "lies" i have been accused of. I really appreciate all the help i have gotten here. In order to defend myself here and now, I would have to reveal details that involve my daughter and would have to give up strategies that I have to use in trial. I wish you all the very best in your journeys through the system in order to support your children.

Comment

well, I am not realy sure how helpful the forum actually is - I am new to all of this and I came on this forum to gain information and before I posted anything about myself I wanted to see what people are writing and if I could learn form things that are already written. I mean one part of the forum people are talking about these silly polls they are doing and people who feel they have something better to say than others because they've posted 3500 posts - people on a divorce site that have never been married (therefore one cannot be divorced if never married) - people using real names - people trying to get oodles of money for adult children - I am beginning to think that this just isn't for me - All of our lives would be just a little better if we tried a little dignity when dealing with conflicts -

Comment

Neverdivorced: Dont let the garbage that has been on my thread be any indication of the value of this forum. Aside from the recent garbage that I stupidly let myself get involved in..this forum is very helpful. People here are knowledgeable and often willing to help. Good luck in your journey.

Comment

Originally posted by neverdivorced View Post
                  ...people are talking about these silly polls they are doing and people who feel they have something better to say than others because they've posted 3500 posts - people on a divorce site that have never been married (therefore one cannot be divorced if never married) - people using real names - people trying to get oodles of money for adult children - I am beginning to think that this just isn't for me - All of our lives would be just a little better if we tried a little dignity when dealing with conflicts -
                  Welcome to planet Earth my dear! Sorry, but there are no alternative universes with better forums...this is what we're all stuck with. However, I strongly feel it is definitely a positive thing to have access to this forum.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, I will take them to heart. I am just disheartened by what I have read on a lot of the posts. Life is not easy for any of us .......

Comment

Not to worry, it was all just a ruse to say in court to lower his gross income. He has NOT retired from the reserves ..I am embarrassed that he makes the REAL solders of our country look bad.

Comment

Thanks for your comments, I will take them to heart. I am just disheartened by what I have read on a lot of the posts. Life is not easy for any of us .......
                        I too am fairly new to this site, but after reading for hours and hours, night after night, I have found great information on this forum, and yes there has been crap too. As a great poster on this site has said more than once, "Take what you want from a post/comment and leave the rest".

Best of luck to you on your path.

Angie

Comment

Originally posted by mummer1962 View Post
                          Not to worry, it was all just a ruse to say in court to lower his gross income. He has NOT retired from the reserves ..I am embarrassed that he makes the REAL solders of our country look bad.
                          That is just down right nasty! I work with the military everyday, both Reg Force and Reserves and they all bust their ass 24/7 for our country! What the hell have you done, aside from insult them and many other people with the trash you write about.

If I understand correctly, you case is all done and settled now, is that right, well then, maybe you can find another pass time rather than being on this forum insulting people!

Angie
                          Last edited by AngieJ; 06-30-2011, 11:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by AngieJ View Post
                            That is just down right nasty! I work with the military everyday, both Reg Force and Reserves and they all bust their ass 24/7 for our country! What the hell have you done, aside from insult them and many other people with the trash you write about.

If I understand correctly, you case is all done and settled now, is that right, well then, maybe you can find another pass time rather than being on this forum insulting people!

Angie
                            I didn't interpret that as insulting the military, I interpreted it as badmouthing her ex. That his behaviour was not that of a "real" soldier.

Comment

Need advice here, bio dad, respondent had decided to retire from the reserves using this court case as an excuse. What should I do if anything?
                              OK -upon re-reading this... His only 'excuse' is because he doesn't want to pay for his child's education/support obligations?!?
                              If that's the sum of the story. Boo! He/She sux.

I am beginning to think that this just isn't for me - All of our lives would be just a little better if we tried a little dignity when dealing with conflicts -
                              I realized quite some time ago that being involved in the Family court system is not for me. If only everyone could at least reach some sort of compromise/agreement about their kids - well things would be alot easier. But no. People draw lines and take stances. Dignity is a wish unfortunately.

Ouch.

Comment

Crack to think he can stop paying for kids at 43. NBdude is right. Those are his kids in school- deal with it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X