This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bio dad dumping work

Need advice here, bio dad, respondent had decided to retire from the reserves using this court case as an excuse. What should I do if anything?

Not much. He's allowed to retire if he chooses to, you can't force him to work forever.

HOWEVER, if he's capable of making a decent wage, he should be, OR his income should be imputted to a level that his skills, training and education would allow in your area.

Comment

Should he be forced into working for a 'decent wage' after retirement age to satisfy CS demands of his ex?

Really?
      How 'right' is that?

Comment

46 is usually not retirement age and i could care less if he retires or not...just not as a mechanism of not paying for university fees. and btw...the money i am fighting for goes to his daughter directly, not me!

Comment

He's only retiring from a part time job and that's his right to do after 30 years. It's none of your business and it has nothing to do with any child support issues. Why can't you just leave him alone.

Comment

Oh there you are Susan....the new wife of Respondent...I would be happy to leave him alone if he were man enough to take care of his children without having to be dragged in court. I left him alone for ten years when he chose not to be part of his daughters life and contributed peanuts that i had to fight for in court...and I told him when he finally wanted to be part of her life that it was not a revolving door...now that she has again become an inconvenience because of university expenses..i am not going to walk away. Aren't you supposed to be busy getting your daughter ready for boot camp?

Comment

You need to edit that post out. Revealing people's identity and posting their real info ie: names etc is typically against TOS and just plain bad form.

Comment

Originally posted by mummer1962 View Post
                Oh there you are Susan....the new wife of Respondent...I would be happy to leave him alone if he were man enough to take care of his children without having to be dragged in court. I left him alone for ten years when he chose not to be part of his daughters life and contributed peanuts that i had to fight for in court...and I told him when he finally wanted to be part of her life that it was not a revolving door...now that she has again become an inconvenience because of university expenses..i am not going to walk away. Aren't you supposed to be busy getting your daughter ready for boot camp?
                Hey mummer1962 in reading your posts I find you to be a spiteful and unreasonable person.

The most glaring example of this was when you identified the first name of your child's fathers wife, yet at the same time hide your own name (as most of us do).

I suspect nothing will change your attitude in this and I believe that you are a liar as suggested by stepmom2.

You are probably causing your daughter harm with your attitude with respect to her father.

Comment

Should he be forced into working for a 'decent wage' after retirement age to satisfy CS demands of his ex? Really? How 'right' is that?
                  Typically military retirements are NOT at 65....they occur much much earlier. If he retired earlier than normal (and receives less of a pension for it), then he does have an obligation to support his child and is expected to do so.

Comment

You are right, I should not have lowered myself to their level. How do i edit the post.

Comment

If the reduction of income is not a material amount, a judge would likely determine that dad is not voluntarily under-employed his income and would likely not impute his income.

If what was said is true, that the difference equates to about $20 a month in c/s (a whole $240 a year), then I doubt any judge would find it unreasonable to retire as he is still maintaining a sufficient level of employment and c/s paid. How much would you expect to pay in legal fees at your lawyers rate of probably ~$300p/h to fight for this $20? You'd probably end up paying $1k+ to win $240, and that would be dumb.....(again, if the numbers suggested are true).

Comment

I believe you can only edit the post for a certain time. You probably have to contact a moderator to have the posts edited or removed.

Comment

Originally posted by mummer1962 View Post
                          You are right, I should not have lowered myself to their level. How do i edit the post.
                          From where I sit, you'd have to climb UP to their level.

You come across as a very nasty person and this will not serve you well in future dealings with your ex and/or the legal system. Good luck with that.

Gary

Comment

I am fighting for my daughter to attend university. I have been "nice" for 18 years and as long as i sat back and did not vary support orders, ask for help with sports, dental, medical, anything other than the lousy 275 he was paying on a 72 k income, then he was a stellar dad. Nasty? I'm just getting warmed up....

Comment

Why not keep the "Nasty" stuff your warming up for the courtroom and not this forum?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X