Mother moving back to Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother moving back to Canada

Hi about 5 years ago my ex got a court order that she could move out of the country with our daughter and she volunteered to give up her child support benefits. The child is now 13 and they are moving back next week can she come back one day and hit me up again for anything?

did you get a reduction in CS due to the costs for travelling to see your child?

Comment

As a rough guideline, it is almost impossible for a child under the age of 18 to be ineligible for child support.

She could easily come after you for CS, and she would win. I would figure out what your CS exposure would be, and start saving that money in a separate bank account.

Comment

Do you not feel any obligation as a parent to contribute financially to your child?

Comment

Do you have a court order that no CS is payable? Did you see your child during the past 5 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes I have a court order. and I have seen my daughters summers and every other Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by seenme View Post
              yes I have a court order. and I have seen my daughters summers and every other Christmas
              But was it a reduction in 's due to travel costs?

Comment

So your court order states NO CS payable at all?

Comment

no as I said before she asked for the payments to stop because she is moving I guess advised by her lawyer. it was no judge handing down any judgement except the green light that she can move. in that case we broke up the visiting schedule for child to visit every march break summer and ever other Christmas. ok I think that's enough info to get the gist of everything.

Comment

no as I said before she asked for the payments to stop because she is moving I guess advised by her lawyer. it was no judge handing down any judgement except the green light that she can move. in that case we broke up the visiting schedule for child to visit every march break summer and ever other Christmas. ok I think that's enough info to get the gist of everything.

Yea no court order for no CS you owe CS and she could possibly ask for retro support to. So when she moves back I would be prepared to pay and I wouldn’t make a stink about it or she may go for retro. Crapy thing for you is, you have to pay CS but that doesn’t mean you get increased parenting time

Comment

why do I have a feeling he made a deal with the mother that she could move the child and he wouldn't fight it if she didnt ask for CS?

Comment

you guys are misunderstanding me I did get a court order and the payments stopped. she wanted cs to stop and judge granted all her wishes

Comment

whatever...

Comment

you guys are misunderstanding me I did get a court order and the payments stopped. she wanted cs to stop and judge granted all her wishes
                            you are contradicting yourself. First you say it wasnt a court order and she volunteered to do it.

it was no judge handing down any judgement except the green light that she can move

now you say it was a court order.

Your story isnt making sense and frankly I still think you agreed to let her move if she didnt ask for CS. I have a feeling I am not the only one thinking your story has holes in it.

She cannot bargain away CS, its the right of the child to be supported by BOTH parents.

Comment

didn't happen mr god and please stay out of this thread you are of no help

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X