Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would speak to a lawyer as it is not something that can likely be argued by a lay-person.

Your chances aren't that great. They are better if you can get the ex to agree and give you a weekend a month or something. Pitch it like you want to help and it allows her some time to herself. But also that it gives you time with the boy.

Comment

I tried that pitch and her response is "you see him when his dad gets him" we have sent gifts ,clothes , invitation to go boating with her all her children and her current commonlaw , birthday parties ,etc etc .
      So it look like in to go speak to a lawyer then . Thanks I appreciate your kindness and understanding . and will take your advise on seeking legal counsel before doing anything else.

Comment

A friend of mine has 1 weekend a month with his Grandson who is 7 now. Not through the courts luckily but through keeping in contact with the Sons ex. His son is the same, does not want to be a parent and so on and so forth, but he wants to be a grandfather and has stepped up. Grandparents are an extremly vital role for children, we are starting to make headway with grandparents rights. Wish I could provide more info, but good luck.
        I was thinking the same thing Hammerdad, thank you for standing up first.

Comment

thank you for the support

Comment

CanLII - 2009 YKSC 75 (CanLII)

Worth a look

Comment

thank you I will check that out and i do have some other information i have found including i will need a police check and CAS check along with the form i require starting the court process

Comment

time to get to work and file paper work thank so much for talking and understanding my situation

Comment

I believe but may be corrected but it would be a form 35.1 that you would need to fill out. Family Law Rules Forms — Ontario Court Services

Comment

thank you. I did find this web that may help other people in my situation
                    Applying for Access in Ontario

Comment

hi grandma
                      keep supporting ur son, the DAD; let him heal from the blows & keep going.
                      we have 1 grandson in split custody [ a mirror of ur situation]
                      i witnessed my son [ a big beautiful man] fall apart & give up... heal & keep going
                      The young grandson IS FIGURING it out.. & craves his DAD... knows he has SUPPORT & LOVE in his family here.
                      we have been separated over the years but have a BOND not broken by separation!
                      started at birth.. legals @ 2... now 7 years old [ smart guy .. suffers alot but cherishes knowing we're on the planet 4 HIM ]

Comment

thank you for your support and encouragement. I have fb my grandsons mom and she says 2 days a month is not much for me to ask and is willing to let me see him if his dad is not present. the circle of ongoing support vs visitation ( she wont sign visitation /he wont pay . but that is for them to work out and I can only hope she keep her word to let me see him. I will let you know in the next few months if she keeps her word.

Comment

2 days/month!

That's great!
                          If Dad dosn't pay CS you may want to come up with some $. there are expenses with child rearing that's what CS was born from . the inherent cost of child rearing. When I do get visits with split custody grandson I often bring needed groceries, clothing, CASH; and do not take offence... T shirts with " RENT A KID" that's what i feel i'm doing to have regular visits... It's worth every $ to continue the bond and give grandson support [& mom $]
                          curious 2 see how regular you may have visits?

Comment

I will remember that and we do send gift and stuff , new clothes etc when we can. So far she has not contacted me back as to when i can see him . the only contact i have is thru FB private message. she has my cell number tho.
                            going to be a long night doing work forms (immigration)

Comment

Journal visits

what age is ur grandson? is mom young? have other children?
                              Does ur grandson have established bond with U, or Dad? Keep journal of all contact..I understand a regular journal can be evidence.

Comment

my grandson is 7, she had him when she was 18 early to mid 20's now she has 3 other children from current common-law and he as 3 or for from a previous relationship. he saw his dad not long ago at the hospital he has surgery his dad was there and his benefit covered it.I do keep picture in a photo scrap book that i made for him and last time i actually got to see him was on my birthday last year when i paid for his school pictures.but she does talk to me of facebook .i keep all her emails and Fb chats

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X