Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:35 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
Hmmm... either everyone is wrong, including kinso and jeff, or you're mistaken...again.

You speak so much without any knowledge on the topics. Her disclosure would be irrelevant to the already established entitlement. Regardless, kinso and jeff were speaking of cs which is very much relevant.
I wasnt disputing cs. Kinso and Jeff are correct on cs and the timeline. Ive read the supreme court case and the commentary and it also relates to the payors obligation to disclose.

My argument to OP relates to this statement in her post:

Quote:
The amount of money I'm being transferred is not sufficient. I have told him several times over the last 3 years I need more money via email but his response is to request financial disclosure on my new business from his lawyer. By telling him I need more money would this be considered "notice"?
Her idea of sufficient may be different than what she is actually entitled to. From previous posts it appeared that her ex was paying full table support plus an amount for spousal. She has also stated she wasnt drawing a salary and believes she deserves more money as her ex makes $500,000 a year and she should have the same standard of living as he does.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:45 AM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
I wasn�t disputing cs. Kinso and Jeff are correct on cs and the timeline. I�ve read the supreme court case and the commentary and it also relates to the payor�s obligation to disclose.

My argument to OP relates to this statement in her post:

Her idea of sufficient may be different than what she is actually entitled to. From previous posts it appeared that her ex was paying full table support plus an amount for spousal. She has also stated she wasn�t drawing a salary and believes she deserves more money as her ex makes $500,000 a year and she should have the same standard of living as he does.
My "spousal support" is coming from my ex paying the mortgage and household expenses. I used my support calculator and it says I'm supposed to get nearly 3 to 4x what he's currently paying me for CS.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:34 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
My "spousal support" is coming from my ex paying the mortgage and household expenses. I used my support calculator and it says I'm supposed to get nearly 3 to 4x what he's currently paying me for CS.

Again, the amount for spousal may be too much and are your cs calculations based on his annual income previously or his current larger income. Are you also calculating it as full or offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2021, 07:34 AM

velas is on a distinguished road

So, the ex is paying your mortgage and your househould expenses and supporting the children? What are you doing to support your children and yourself?
Old 07-14-2021, 09:18 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by velas View Post
So, the ex is paying your mortgage and your househould expenses and supporting the children? What are you doing to support your children and yourself?
going after everything she can from the ex...she has a boyfriend to support you know...
Old 07-14-2021, 11:52 AM

StillPaying can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
Right, so look into what kinso said as it's very much applicable to your case. All disclosure will be shown since separation and all cs will be paid. With regards to ss, I believe entitlement has long been established. Your only concern will be amount and duration.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velas View Post
I am trying to keep my business afloat so I can make enough money and qualify for mortgage that isn't a 1 bedroom condo.

I clothe and feed the kids too.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
going after everything she can from the ex...she has a boyfriend to support you know...
We are going to spend our lives together. If he's in a good financial position then I'll be in a good financial position.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Again, the amount for spousal may be too much and are your cs calculations based on his annual income previously or his current larger income. Are you also calculating it as full or offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm basing it on both. His previous income and the increase for a range.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:15 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
Right, so look into what kinso said as it's very much applicable to your case. All disclosure will be shown since separation and all cs will be paid. With regards to ss, I believe entitlement has long been established. Your only concern will be amount and duration.
This has been discussed at nauseum with TrueBlue.

Child Support: She will get offset. However, there is a chance her income gets imputed at $150,000.

Spousal Support: She will receive for a duration of time. What is to be determined is whether its medium or high scale, and the length.

House: It will be sold. Ex wants to dispose of it, and TrueBlue cannot afford it on her own. She will get her share of proceeds of sale.

It is pretty cut and dry. The issue is that TrueBlue is dragging her feet because she is delaying the inevitable. Everyone has been telling her to complete a financial statement, yet somehow she still hasn't. I don't know what her lawyer is telling her, but he/she sees someone who is willing to flush tons of money in being difficult so he/she is happy to keep the drama going.