Dental Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental Surgery

My Stbx wants our son to have Ortho procedure and would costs few thousands dollars however, the SA has not been created and it is few months away due to delay in mediation. He wants me to pay half but don't know who will have child custody.

Should I go ahead and agree to cover the half of the cost or wait until SA is signed ?

Thank you for all your advice, much appreciate it

Depending on your situation it is unnecessary to wait. The cost would be shared proportionate to income whether there was an agreement or not.

If either of you have benefits, those come off the total expense which is then split proportionate to income. For instance, if you both earn the same amount, it’s 50/50.

Comment

If it's a necessary procedure, then it should be done regardless of who has the child in their care. Better to get it done if it's a benefit to the child.

Comment

Just do it, even if it is just braces that should be put on sooner than later.

How does this sound?
        "oh, we were fighting at the time about small amounts of money so we didn't fix your teeth on time".

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X