Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seperation date significance and finances?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seperation date significance and finances?

OK, my spouse and I have agreed that our seperation date would be Dec 1 2005.

How does the accumulation of assets/debts AFTER this agreed upon date play into the equation during the equalization process?

Hubby

Hubby... My understanding is that December 1, 2005 would be your valuation date for equalization purposes. Anything incurred debt wise or assets acquired after that date would not be factored into the evaluation for equalization purposes. The concern I would have is that finances not be eroded to the point of not having the resources to equalize......Amber.

Comment

Thanks Amber ... just needed some confirmation of sorts.

Now the question is ... do I go ahead and get a lawyer involved to start the equalization process and how does one go about doing it?

Anyone know what type of information a lawyer will need to perform this process ... form 13, tax statements, other documents???

Thanks

Hubby

Comment

Hi, i need site with subject about weight loss

Hello.
        How are you?

Please tell me
        Wheere i'll can find info with subjects weight loss pills?

P.S. 10x u for u'r answer.

Have a nice day

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X