Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My ex is pregnant and we have a 3 year old. Custody probs??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
    s much as you seem to have read into my post that somehow I don't care enough - it is the exact opposite.
    Not at all, in fact it seems to have been very difficult for you but I was commenting more on how you rationalized it - you're right though to each his own.... These are hard times and most decisions are the best between many crappy choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      Not at all, in fact it seems to have been very difficult for you but I was commenting more on how you rationalized it - you're right though to each his own.... These are hard times and most decisions are the best between many crappy choices.
      I really don't see how to rationalize it any other way. Please enlighten me. I should continue to fight and do the things that only really hurt the child? Like make him spend Christmas morning away from his brothers every second year?

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
        I really don't see how to rationalize it any other way. Please enlighten me. I should continue to fight and do the things that only really hurt the child? Like make him spend Christmas morning away from his brothers every second year?
        Instead you are making him spend Christmas morning away from his father EVERY year. As the adult in the picture, it's up to you to decide which is better for him, and you have made your choice.

However, you may want to think about how this decision makes your ex-wife feel her wishes for the child get priority over yours for future decisions. You may find yourself incrementally whittled out of your son's life, never having fought otherwise. I think that's what people are warning you to be careful of, thinking of yourself as the secondary parent.
        Last edited by Rioe; 02-24-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Point taken,

Thanks.

Comment

I think there is certainly room for middle ground here somewhere. Let you son spend Christmas morning with his mom and step brothers, but have some time for lunch with just the two of you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X