No announcement yet.

Agreed to terms of settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FB, I check every day I can to see how your story is progressing.

I have possible suggestion for the master bedroom... you didn't say how you felt after sleeping in the room. After I was divorced I gave my boys the larger bedroom. I figured I had the whole house to display my stuff, and they could use the extra space.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
      I know what you mean about sleeping in a real bed. I slept on a futon for a about a year, and having a real mattress with springs was a treat.
      It sure is, I had a much better sleep last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
        How bad was it when you got home? I'd have been so nervous about possible retribution that I would have come home from work early to be there when she arrived and monitor what she did in the home. Of course, I'd also have waited until after the title handover and changed the locks before doing any of the moving and buying and cleaning.

Nice surprise that she calmly told the kids that the master was your room now though. Good sign for future cooperation!
        Actually I found out this morning at work my grandfather had passed away today so I was home at 1:30.

She never came to the house.

I couldn't really wait...she took the kids beds and a bunch of other stuff that I obviously needed for the kids.

I'm still cleaning and I will be for atleast another couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
          FB, I check every day I can to see how your story is progressing.

I have possible suggestion for the master bedroom... you didn't say how you felt after sleeping in the room. After I was divorced I gave my boys the larger bedroom. I figured I had the whole house to display my stuff, and they could use the extra space.
          Thank you for your support.

I don't have an issue with the room although I thought I would originally. I really wanted her to take the bed so I could buy another one. But I got over it pretty quick. I'm not one to hold onto anger and it's now behind me. I can't change the past I can only create my new future.

Comment

Sorry about your grandfather.

Once all of your ex's stuff is gone you will probably feel a great deal of relief. I know I did. Unfortunately I kept coming across things of his for the first 2 yrs after we separated. I just kept a large plastic bin in garage and as I found things i put them there - out of sight is a good thing.

You are going through a huge adjustment. Be good to yourself. Do some fun things. Consider some hobbies. Yeah money might be tight but you are worth it.

Look to upcoming holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.) and start making plans NOW. I found it helpful to have some events to look forward to. If you have some extra money it doesn't hurt to start buying some Christmas gifts early. I know it sounds crazy but come December if you have most of your shopping done you will not be so stressed out.

Forward thinking is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Sorry about your grandfather.

Once all of your ex's stuff is gone you will probably feel a great deal of relief. I know I did. Unfortunately I kept coming across things of his for the first 2 yrs after we separated. I just kept a large plastic bin in garage and as I found things i put them there - out of sight is a good thing.

You are going through a huge adjustment. Be good to yourself. Do some fun things. Consider some hobbies. Yeah money might be tight but you are worth it.

Look to upcoming holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.) and start making plans NOW. I found it helpful to have some events to look forward to. If you have some extra money it doesn't hurt to start buying some Christmas gifts early. I know it sounds crazy but come December if you have most of your shopping done you will not be so stressed out.

Forward thinking is a good thing.
              Thanks,

I was able to put several thousand dollars aside for the furniture I knew I was going to need.

After that my budget is going to be pretty tight however I have been doing things for me.

I was able to put a deposit on a cruise in December when I saw a kids sail free deal I'm just not sure I will be able to get the time off. I have to decide by September if I will be going as I have to make final payment or cancel and get my deposit back. I would love to once again take my kids on a great trip but if I don't have the cash or the time off it just won't be able to happen.

I've got two piles going at the moment. An ex pile and a garage sale party. Once I get the 30 bags of garbage/recycling out of the garage I can move this stuff from my dining room into the garage. Hopefully I can have a garage sale in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Good for you! I think that's a wonderful thing to look forward to and what a wonderful way to kick off your new life.

It sounds as though you are very well organized. I recall having a garage sale when my son was young. He had his own little table and was able to keep the money he made off selling his old toys. We also made sure that he kept some to donate to charity.

So happy to hear things are turning around for you. What a difference a few months make.

Comment

Congratulations FB.

There is nothing better than being in control of your own environment after what you've been through. Its amazing how it feels to have that weight off your shoulders.

When you have your own space the way you want it...and it stays like that when you go to work...its wonderful. There's a sense of peace when you get rid of someone who doesn't share your values or respect your wishes when it comes to the house environment. I spent sooo many years being extremely stressed out about having the burden of managing a person who was basically a slob and who didn't respect my contributions in trying to keep a neat, organized living space. I can truly imagine that you feel so great in having her out of your living space.

Congratulations...I know what a big deal this is and I'm really happy for you. I've been living on my own for over a year and still feel joyous about how liberating having my own house is. It was so worth getting divorced for.

Enjoy all the time that you're going to spend making the house into exactly what you want it to be. Its a lot of fun.

Comment

[sarcasm]And with great shock and awwwww[/sarcasm] she has informed me she won't be signing the papers tomorrow.

She also won't be paying anymore mortgage payments and she also told me I can't change the locks.

This is getting interesting or no so interesting...more like expected behavior.

She is apparently meeting with her lawyer June 10th to discuss some things...

Stay tuned.

Circus Theme music - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                      [sarcasm]And with great shock and awwwww[/sarcasm] she has informed me she won't be signing the papers tomorrow.

She also won't be paying anymore mortgage payments and she also told me I can't change the locks.

This is getting interesting or no so interesting...more like expected behavior.

She is apparently meeting with her lawyer June 10th to discuss some things...

Stay tuned.

Circus Theme music - YouTube
                      Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I would suggest you can change the locks. Even if she hasn't signed the papers, she moved out giving you exclusive possession. If you had moved out she could have done the same thing. You would have to judge as to whether the risk is worth it, if she is as crazy as you suggest, she might lash out and break a window.

It is something to consider. You could then offer to let her in to pick up stuff with you there.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                        At least you slept on a Futon...I believe I have mentioned what am sleeping on in a number of posts
                        I had bought a new bed and pillow top mattress a year earlier. I wasn't allowed to have them, my ex made a number of arbitrary decisions like that, but it wasn't worth fighting.

Futons are cheap, you should get one. Get the real ones, not the foam kind.

Comment

Signed

I received the signed separation agreement today and it's going to be turned into a court order.

Now I have to finish closing the house and file for the divorce.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice.

Comment

I received the signed separation agreement today and it's going to be turned into a court order.

Change the Locks!!!

Comment

Great news, congratulations!

Comment

Yay FB_!!

I hope it gives you some relief and some peace.

Congratulations.

\o/ <--- (That is me cheering for you. lmao)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X