No announcement yet.

Agreed to terms of settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stbx started moving a little bit out of the house on the weekend.

I was only happy enough to help her new boyfriend load some of it in his van.

I also went to the bank on Friday to arrange my mortgage. I should find out today or tomorrow regarding the approval. Although I was pre-approved before so I don't think it will be an issue.

It looks like she wants it to be completed by May 31st.

Now I need to find two new bedroom sets for my kids as she will be taking the kids beds as part of our agreed content division.

So much to do.

Comment

You can get some bargains at places like Ikea or shop some of the used places. There are a couple of places that sell used hotel furniture that may be a bit worn, but solid wood quality stuff.

Congrats again.

Comment

Looks like some great deals on Kijiji and Craigslist.

Comment

congrats---hope more of us can come closer to settling.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
            Solid Wood (preference for kid(s) bedroom, is not synonymous with IKEA
            I was even out checking the BRICK tent sale yesterday
            Well if you reread what I wrote, I mentioned Ikea in a sentence about bargains, and places that sell used hotel furniture in reference to solid wood. I've shopped at Source Liquidations for a few items, I know others that like Moveline. For example Source are selling furniture from the Royal York as we speak. Its good stuff, a little worn and scuffed but otherwise solid.

Ikea does have solid wood beds from pine, unfinished, at a pretty low price.

JYSK is another place, but I had some bad customer service there.

Comment

Great job FB_ .... seriously, well done!

Was wondering what happened to you, great job and happy for you and your children.

Comment

Originally posted by baldclub View Post
                Great job FB_ .... seriously, well done!

Was wondering what happened to you, great job and happy for you and your children.
                Thanks........

Comment

Mortgage has been fully approved with a closing date of May 31st.

Things are moving pretty fast now.

My lawyer is still working on the Sep agreement. Once I receive it hopefully I can get some help from everyone here on how things are worded and possible road issues that may come up in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                    Mortgage has been fully approved with a closing date of May 31st.

Things are moving pretty fast now.

My lawyer is still working on the Sep agreement. Once I receive it hopefully I can get some help from everyone here on how things are worded and possible road issues that may come up in the future.
                    Congrats! That must be a relief.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                      Hey FB_

I guess the party is going to be at yours then eh......tupperware with pot luck, and a donation of non-perishable food items
                      I will bring a pot of chili...and some beer.

Comment

So my stbx went to change her health card yesterday and asked about the kids health cards. They told her that the address should be with whomever had custody. She told them it was shared so they told her it didn't matter and we would have to agree.

She then told me she was changing them to Orangeville. I told her that since they are going to school in Brampton their primary address should remain in Brampton. She said we have shared 50/50 so they is no primary address. She is adamant that she change their health card address. She seems very concerned that the kids won't have her address on anything and she would have no proof that the kids lived half the time with her. I told her that this would all be detailed in the separation agreement (still being drafted) and this was not really worth fighting over.

So the question I have is should this be something I fight over. I told her to pick one of them and change one of them. That way we each have one health card each at our addresses. My only real concern is for school. Would the school care what address is on a health card?

STBX is in possession of the both health cards. It's my understanding that they should be passed back and forth. Is that correct?

Thanks

Comment

FB:

I'm not sure that the address for the health cards matter. Although they'll verify if you go in for care, so you'll have to have hers plugged into her cell phone should you go that route.

Basically, I use my address for this because I'm the one that goes to the ministry to maintain the cards...so I'd use that criteria...but others can chime in on that.

For the purposes of stuff going back and forth, how I've done it is that I put all the kid's necessary travel stuff. Birth cert, health cards into a melamine folder that goes back and forth on the day we switch.

We both go the States a lot so we both need access to the information. However as an emergency backup, you can do two things...1st make a copy of the health cards and keep them in your car/wallet (you should keep copies around of all those types of documents in a lockbox anyway)...and 2nd you can go to the ministry and ask for a supplementary letter for the card...that's what I did (it was a while ago but I'm assuming they will still do it). I just explained the situation and they gave me a paper copy which has her health card number and name on it. I kept that with me just in case.

Comment

I went through the same thing and brought it up when we were in court.

Although it doesn't affect school, the judge said that all documents should be consistent and maintain the same address. Since the school has your address as their primary address, all others should have that address as well. But you must have both homes' phone numbers as contacts.

It really doesn't matter, but it avoids guessing which address to give depending on which place you're at. The SA is her proof for 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDiegoGo View Post
                              I went through the same thing and brought it up when we were in court.

Although it doesn't affect school, the judge said that all documents should be consistent and maintain the same address. Since the school has your address as their primary address, all others should have that address as well. But you must have both homes' phone numbers as contacts.

It really doesn't matter, but it avoids guessing which address to give depending on which place you're at. The SA is her proof for 50/50.
                              That was my stance...shockingly she disagreed.

Comment

My ex pretty much moved out this past weekend. Although she emptied every closest, container, room and hand picked what she wanted and left piles of crap everywhere in the house. I spent almost the whole weekend cleaning and didn't even make a dent (26 garbage bags so far). If she took a piece of furniture she emptied the contents onto the floor and even though most of the contents were hers she said she didn't want it. So in the process of cleaning I have created a tidy pile of her stuff for her to go through and I have thrown out the rest of the crap. Luckily it's unlimited garbage for the next two weeks. She said she has a couple of things remaining which is fine as she said she will be by to pick them up soon in which case I can give her the piles of other stuff. Our house has always been "cluttered" as she was what I would consider a "mini hoarder" it's so freeing being able to clean the house and it's starting to feel more like my space. I have yet to move back into the master bedroom and it seems to be an emotional barrier for me at the moment.

Our agreement has not been signed yet (I have the draft) and the home ownership is scheduled to be transferred on May 31st.

She has officially changed her address to Orangeville on her Drivers License and Health Card.

We both went on Friday after work and got the vehicles ownership's changed to be solely in our own names.

She is still on my insurance as she could not get new insurance until my name was off her car so I think that will happen this week.

So now that she has changed her address the CRA can no longer say we are not living separate and apart. I'm still fighting with them regarding living together and have completed a lengthy letter with the facts and outlining the massive amount of case law backing my point. (Perron vs. Queen) (Aukstinaitis v The Queen) etc. We will see how far I can get with this. So I guess the real question is now that it's official that she has moved out what do I have to do to apply for all the benefits I am entitled too with the CRA?

Thanks

FB

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X