Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Sheesh is on a distinguished road
Default seperation agreement

Hi folks, we are "kind-of" in the beginning stages of seperating. I suggested to her that we need everything documented in an agreement and signed my a lawyer or witness of some sort. (live in ontario).

We have three kids and I just want to make sure we are both covered etc. our 3 Kids are most important to me. Are there any good places to download a good seperation agreement? or would I be better off paying a lawyer to help?

Im not concerned with too much, other than possible long term items. House is in both our names, she has crappy credit, but makes decent money working full time (20k less than me). I would like to buy a second house in my name only, and let her stay in the current home with the kids. If this ends up being permanent, i wouldnt want to have her come back and try to take half of the new house (provided I can be approved to buy one).

Other than some small stuff in our house now, Im not concerned with who gets what. I'm good at finding deals on furniture etc..lol.

The plan is to split 50/50 custody and she works 12hr shift work. Im in no way out to hurt her, and want this to be fair for both of us. i just dont want her to get in a mood and try to get me for everything. So many quesitons, just dont know how to post them without making a 100 paragraph post...

Thanks in advance
Old 08-04-2011, 05:45 PM

stressedmama is on a distinguished road

Actually there is a pretty good document for that on this forum. It covers a lot of ground but is easy to understand. I'm currently using it to draft my own agreement.

Separation Agreement Precedent

Hope that helps.
Closed Thread