FRO - file transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO - file transfer

Just curious if anyone has experienced their file being transferred from a Canadian jurisdiction to a US state, and what that experience was like. FRO said my gf's file is being transferred to the US because FRO has garnished pretty much everything he has in Canada and her Ex lists the US as his current address and he owns property there. He's persistently in arrears and way over the limit of $2500.

FRO is hard to deal with as it is, so I'm wondering if the US family office is any better. Two months we've left messages at FRO with no reply. Our MPP (or MP) has asked FRO for a follow up. Nothing but silence so far.

I called FRO and asked a lady about transferring files to Florida (did not provide a case number) and she hung up on me.

I cant find anything in google regarding file transfers. So just putting it out there in case anyone has gone through this. Pm me if you prefer.

Tx.

Originally posted by DeadBeatDouchebagDad View Post
    Just curious if anyone has experienced their file being transferred from a Canadian jurisdiction to a US state, and what that experience was like. FRO said my gf's file is being transferred to the US because FRO has garnished pretty much everything he has in Canada and her Ex lists the US as his current address and he owns property there. He's persistently in arrears and way over the limit of $2500.

FRO is hard to deal with as it is, so I'm wondering if the US family office is any better. Two months we've left messages at FRO with no reply. Our MPP (or MP) has asked FRO for a follow up. Nothing but silence so far.

I called FRO and asked a lady about transferring files to Florida (did not provide a case number) and she hung up on me.

I cant find anything in google regarding file transfers. So just putting it out there in case anyone has gone through this. Pm me if you prefer.

Tx.
    Yes, my file was transferred to Texas for enforcement.

There was some banter from FRO that the reciprocating jurisdiction can decide not to enforce items base on their own internal policies and procedures. Whatever that means.....

Since then, support payments have increased in frequency. Arrears is catching up marginally - but it has only been about 6 weeks. The ex is employed though, so there is a wage to garnish. If there is no wage to garnish, then, there will be likely little enforcement

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X