This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feelings

When my ex left I was shocked, surprised and emotionally screwed up, then I realized I was glad he had left because we are more like friends and if we didn't separate now we might end up enemies!!! It has been almost 3 years and I sometimes have a desire to find someone else then other times I don't. I don't have any romantic feelings for my ex, am I just afraid of being hurt again in not really wanting another relationship?

Sounds like you came to terms in an amicable fashion. It is nice to see former spouses to be friends especially when there is children involved. It makes the whole process less stressful for all concerned. I do understand it is hard to start over again and to take the plunge in unchartered waters and begin to trust someone in an intimate way. It is common for people to construct a brick wall around themselves. One thing is certain, you deserve to be happy.

Comment

Absolutely hard..good for you though!
      And taking your time in the dating world is important. There are too many lonely people out there who haven't healed themselves prior to jumping into yet another unhealthy situation. In time you will feel like getting out in that world but it is important to be strong enough to deal with rejection, smart enough not be sucked into things you don't want, and relaxed enough to enjoy the good situations when they appear.
      I m sure you will do fine.

Comment

I know how you feel. I no longer have romantic feelings for my ex. However, it is very hard to move on. I still miss the good times with him and do believe I am scared to start over with someone new.

Comment

I know the feelings of working the best out with my ex. And on the other hand going through the feelings of fear and moving on. I have dated off and on and by no comparison were these men like my ex. Thank heavens. But I do look for common thing in men. Humor, intelligence, of course looks, age. Just remember to become stagnate. You may have worked out things with the ex and are happy with the results. Just remeber you can pick yourself back up and learn from your experience. What you want and what you like and dislike in a partner.

Comment

That's exactly how I felt for my ex.

We knew each other for so long that sometimes, it felt like we were nothing more than roommates! We stopped being romantic w/ each other so long ago that I could never imagine having sex w/ him after awhile...

I am just so proud that you guys can work together as adults, especially since your kinds are involved.

Just have fun w/ dating for now...you'll become "excited" and discover more about yourself.

Comment

Strange how life works out sometimes isn't it? I'm so glad you guys realized it and took steps to save a long time friendship. Happy endings are awesome. And what a blessing it turned out to be. Story book ending after all. ((((((((hugs)))))))))

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X