• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stripes View Post
    And try to avoid catastrophizing.
    Pulling out the big guns? lol

Nobody's "catastrophizing". lol

Order = kid in school. Mom = not putting kid in school.
    Order = ex find work. Ex not finding work

Product = Kid starting to not like school
    Kid already doesn't want to work when shes older...like mom

LF32 .. here to chat about it. Who's "catastrophizing"? I thought these forums were to chat. Not to scream "he's dramatic", "catatrophizing", "lying", "abusing", "catfishing", etc.

Just a chat .. stop making something it isn't.

Comment

Lets talk drama...

I was off the forums for a bit and what did I read?

The possee:

LF32 mus'tve gotten in trouble behind the scenes
      I wonder if it involved ONDaddy .. lets start a thread.
      LF32 must have multiple accounts
      LF32 must've .... god knows what you ladies come up with

Talk about drama starting and catastrophizing. Take your own advice. lol

Comment

Back to your concern LF32....

Your ex has made it very clear in the not-too-distant past that she wants to move to PQ with your daughter. I therefore totally understand your concern. I believe your concern is perhaps more about your ex racking up hours spent in PQ to support her soon-to-be-revealed plan to move. Perhaps you are, understandably, concerned and cautious when your ex makes excuses to stay in PQ?

Comment

So to try and stay on topic and away from the lovefest...

LF, personally other than documenting it I don't think there is anything you can do. Obviously you are not taking this to court. Yes you have an order but it will be your word against the ex's. To be honest, if she was playing hard all weekend, outside whatever then I totally believe she may have been a little sick today. My step kids get like that. Perfect example, we had the kids over March break. We did a lot during the week, visited family, went to Toronto, spent a few days going to the park and tossing a ball around, hikes, etc. Kids loved it and were perfectly fine.

Last Sunday we took the kids to a movie to finish up March break. They had popcorn and juice. An hour after we dropped the kids off we received a text from his ex saying his daughter had just vomited all over the restaurant bathroom. She wondered if she was sick the past week. The answer was no. She was perfectly fine but Sunday night she was sick and never went to school Monday. Kids play hard, they get sick and sometimes need time to recover. This incident I wouldn't be too concerned about.

As for orders, you had an order for your daughter to be enrolled in school. She is enrolled and attending most times. At this point zero you can do. As your child progresses through school it will become mandatory and then it will be mom who has to deal with it, not you since you have no problems getting her to school. The teachers will deal with it when its appropriate. Many kids express displeasure with going to school, it will happen all the way through public school, high school and probably college or university. It's like work, no one loves going every single day, despite how much one may love their job.

The whole ex working, a judge cannot order anyone to work. What they can do is start imputing an income on the ex. But they cannot order her to get a job and keep it. I believe the judge may have stated mom should be seeking work but I highly doubt it was ordered. You would be more successful working toward imputing an income than trying to force mom to work.

Your daughter is 4, she has many, many years ahead of her that are going to sculpt her into her adult self . She is going to be influenced by many people and some will be negative. You can't change that nor protect her from that, it's beyond your control. All you can do is do your best to model what a respectful adult does and hope she follows in your foot steps. But that's all up to her. There are many people who had poor influences and turned out great and there are many people who had amazing influences but turned out to be not great. Chill out and stop letting your ex constantly get under your skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to say I agree with BF. While ex's actions go against what you are trying to teach and model for D4, there is nothing you can do about it, especially in JK. Try not to worry so much about D4's future. You seem to be modeling work effort and teaching that education is important. Trust your D4, she is a great kid. Stop stressing over your exes parenting. It will only drive you crazy.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X