where is court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is court?

Asking for a friend. He is divorced for a few years now and due to the kids being older, they want to come and live with him now (two boys) The mother wont allow it as it cuts off her money as she doesn't work.

According to him the separation agreement was filed in Kitchener court. She moved to her mothers place to look after her father who had a stroke. Not sure what she does as there are caregivers coming to the home everyday but that is neither here nor there. She filed for divorce in Goderich (huron county as that is where she lives now) He was told that he has to file in huron county to get the custody order changed.

Once the separation agreement was filed in Kitchener didn't all the stuff have to be done in Kitchener?

My understanding is that any custody issues are filed in the city/county where the children are residing, regardless of any prior court filings.

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
      My understanding is that any custody issues are filed in the city/county where the children are residing, regardless of any prior court filings.
      thanks for answering.

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
        This is correct.

If the children are over 16 they can simply move. The court won't impose anything really on a 16 year old child.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X