X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amending a Statement of Claim

Hi,

When I first filled after a year of my wife asking for a divorce (about 19 times in 9 months alone), I filled according to those circumstances. With 5 kids and a wife who has been trying to alienate my kids against me, things have certainly changed.

We have been now in almost a dozen case management and other non-trial court dates since then. We were ordered to trial in August, and while I wait her Legal Aid lawyer to do the documents (I'm self-represented), I am wondering if I should amend my Statement of Claim to be more accurate of my current position.

I would appreciate anyone's pre-trial experiences.

Originally posted by AdTheDad View Post
    Hi,

When I first filled after a year of my wife asking for a divorce (about 19 times in 9 months alone), I filled according to those circumstances. With 5 kids and a wife who has been trying to alienate my kids against me, things have certainly changed.

We have been now in almost a dozen case management and other non-trial court dates since then. We were ordered to trial in August, and while I wait her Legal Aid lawyer to do the documents (I'm self-represented), I am wondering if I should amend my Statement of Claim to be more accurate of my current position.

I would appreciate anyone's pre-trial experiences.
    I believe you have to do it on Trial Management Cong or Purge Court date as latest...

Comment

I found out that amendments are really just for errors, not for added information or to change the Statement of Claim...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X