No announcement yet.

Income question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother works in sales and Ive learned it takes a specific type of personality to do that work. I can’t sell anything. He is amazing at it.

I think you are overthinking it really. Can you take a few days vacation and look at a few job boards? Also visit a career counselor? Speak with a headhunter? Plenty of people who have been in the market for a number of years (including straight out of school) are terrified to go out and try something new. Having responsibilities makes it that much more terrifying. In the end you may find it wasn’t that scary and perhaps you were being undersold (sorry for the pun) in your field. If you are needing to hustle that much for half your income then perhaps it is time to consider something different with a bit more of a work life balance.

The job market is changing. Businesses are finding that many people are not as skilled with their fancy degrees as those who have been in the real world for longer. There are also a lot of people retiring leaving a glut in experienced candidates. Thats why I recommend a head hunter. They get paid by a company to find you a job. If you have the skill and experience you say you do, they will make a good commission off of you.

Free to look in to with a possible high reward in the end. What do you have to lose? Just some time and energy!

Comment

For once I agree with Janus

I was recently in similar situation. Without going into details, I was looking at finding a replacement to run my practice or continue and burn out then totally crash and burn.

I found a solution that involved altering my schedule and practice flow so I could slow way down to a safe level without really affecting my income. I do have the medical note to back this up. I'm lucky to be able control thing this way, I really am.
      It sucks for my patients but I do not have a choice for the time being.

If you have a cardiac condition the stress will kill you or u'll get takutsubo cardiomyopathy and then you cannot work.

I'd suggest slowly scaling back..if there are things you can remove (for me it was walk in clinics) do it. Find your comfort level and enjoy your kid living with you. Your ex should know about your medical history and your job and reasonably cannot expect a person to safely go at that rate.

All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Kkc View Post
        For once I agree with Janus

Psshhh, everyone should agree with Janus.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X