X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Family Law Practice, 2011 Edition

this a book what lawyer always have with them in Court

does anyone had a look on it? What is so special about that book?
    I do not think you can find it in library - cost more than $100 I saw $130

Any comments on it?

This book is invaluable if you are going to Self Represent, as it contains all the key Federal and Provincial Laws applicable to Family matters. It is footnoted with relevant cases. I guess you could call it the "Bible" of Family Law.

Comment

Looks like another expenses... will try to find it in library first or online...
      it come with CD - I wonder what is on it. I am actually more interested in CD )

Comment

Workingdad..I believe by reading you're other posts that you are Self Representing. This book will help you a great deal. If you can't find it at the Library, then bite the bullet and buy it. Maybe you have a Lawyer "friend" (use the term loosely) that might loan it to you for a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by walshch View Post
          Workingdad..I believe by reading you're other posts that you are Self Representing. This book will help you a great deal. If you can't find it at the Library, then bite the bullet and buy it. Maybe you have a Lawyer "friend" (use the term loosely) that might loan it to you for a bit?
          Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Mayb e I will write to my ex lawyer and she will lend it to me for weekend ) Can imagine smile on her face?

Probably that same smile what I had on my face when I saw her next bill for $1500 where she reduce it for $50 for my help to install new mouse for her computer.... I still have that smile when I recall that...

And as for the "friend". I like to sit in court room to listen how lawyer talk and judge replay when I have time before my turn. I do not know did anyone notice but lawyers call each other "my friend" in a court... that make me sick in my stomach.

Even worse lawyer of my ex called me friend. I did hold myself but next time this happened I will tell to the judge. "Your oner mr Devil Lawyer trying to mislead the court calling me a friend. that would inappropriate and conflict of interest... " )

Comment

yep
            that exactly what I have in mind ... Just did not know how to make sure to get right one with OCL report questioning etc...

Comment

response to Working Dad seeking Ontario Family Law Practice, 2011 edition

Some law libraries at Universities are accessible to the public and you should be able to find the Book/CD there.

Comment

Lawyers refer to each other as "My learned friend" as a polite custom or sign of respect for the other lawyer even when they aren't friends. It would be inappropiate for a lawyer to refer to a self-represented litigant as "my friend" or vice-versa. It's an expression between lawyers in court.
                But I am intriqued by the book should I need it for court again (I hope not). :-)

Comment

isn't "my friend" like "with all due respect" which really means "I think you are a pompous windbag and that your head is up your a$$"

Comment

Ya, that pretty much sums it up about lawyers!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X